art deco weekend-best way to get to south beach

Knighton

My mom and I are spending this weekend in Miami after our cruise.  We found out it's Art Deco weekend on South beach.  We're staying at the Holiday Inn near the Bayside Marketplace (close to the port of Miami), and I'm not sure what the best way would be to get there during the festival.  I'd imagine the hop on hop off busses will be kookoo, I have a rental car, but I'm sure the traffic will also be kookoo-I wouldn't mind paying to park, but I don't want to be frustrated getting there.  Should we just uber or lyft?

45 minutes ago, Knighton said:

My mom and I are spending this weekend in Miami after our cruise.  We found out it's Art Deco weekend on South beach.  We're staying at the Holiday Inn near the Bayside Marketplace (close to the port of Miami), and I'm not sure what the best way would be to get there during the festival.  I'd imagine the hop on hop off busses will be kookoo, I have a rental car, but I'm sure the traffic will also be kookoo-I wouldn't mind paying to park, but I don't want to be frustrated getting there.  Should we just uber or lyft?

You''ll more traffic from it being a holiday weekend.  Art Deco doesn't bring in a lot of tourists the way other festivals do.

I would just uber or cab it.

We used lyft to get there, but coming back for some reason it couldn't find any lyft people, which sucked-Lyft quoted $10, but I had to use Uber since it found one of them, and that was $18.  Still better than driving.  I have no idea where I'd have found to park!

• Like 1