Venice Hotels/neighborhoods

dancecj

My husband, 21 year old son and I are staying one night pre-cruise and 2 post in Venice at the end of August. I have already spent hours researching hotels, etc. I have booked our pre-cruise night at the Arlecchino because of so many fabulous reviews.

My question- should we stay some place else for our post stay???  And what neighborhood would be best for us?

I imagine we will do most of the touristy things and just want to enjoy being in Venice. And considering  the ease of getting to a hotel from the ship, and returning to the airport. So Santa Croce or Cannaregio, or San Marco? I have somewhat narrowed it down to Locandi di Orsaria, Hotel Monte Carlo, and Hotel Al Duca. But very open to suggestions. 🙂 These are all priced similarly and include breakfast. We of course will need to get to wherever we are staying after the cruise, and then to the airport on Monday morning. Thank you in advance! I appreciate your time and suggestions.

Look at Ca’Angeli.  Centrally located in SAN Polo on the grand canal.  One street over from the home of Commisario Brunetti.  A short walk to Rialto and St. Marks.  Has a water taxi stop steps away.   Water taxi is the fun way to travel in Venice.   If you share, the cost is reasonable.

ps your font is difficult to read.

Edited by Earl Rosebery

We have stayed at the Hotel Olimpic  which is pretty much next door.  We love the location. Easy acess to the port, easy access to the train station and vaporetto stops and only 1 bridge to deal with with your luggage.  There are some really nice neighborhood restaurants right around there and great gelato too.

Mr. Click, we looked at that for our pre-cruise stay and chose the Arlechinno because it was a little less money, and still highly rated.  Thought we might try a different one for the 2 nights after?  Trying to decide on the neighborhood.

On 1/17/2020 at 2:20 PM, Earl Rosebery said:

Look at Ca’Angeli.  Centrally located in SAN Polo on the grand canal.  One street over from the home of Commisario Brunetti.  A short walk to Rialto and St. Marks.  Has a water taxi stop steps away.   Water taxi is the fun way to travel in Venice.   If you share, the cost is reasonable.

ps your font is difficult to read.

Ah, so you know where he lives <g>.  Love those novels!