Horizon Havana Question?

UtahCruiser1230

7 hours ago, UtahCruiser1230 said:

Thanks for the replies.  I'll probably keep my reservation the same and see what happens on the ship.  Worst comes to worst we hang out at the tides pool and still have a good time.  I'll be on vacation and worries will be minimal either way.

Enjoy your cruise.  You certainly have the right attitude 🙂

On 1/21/2020 at 2:00 PM, UtahCruiser1230 said:

Thanks for the replies.  I'll probably keep my reservation the same and see what happens on the ship.  Worst comes to worst we hang out at the tides pool and still have a good time.  I'll be on vacation and worries will be minimal either way.

You are making the right choice.  You didn't mention how old your kids were, but since you older son is still in the kids club I'll assume all under 18, which basically forces you into you splitting up with your wife for the rooms, ignoring the drink package. As a family of 5 myself, I know the challenges that often come up trying to book 5 people on a cruise. I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I wouldn't suggest your wife use or S&S card while there just to be on the safe side. Of course they could also change Havana policies again before your cruise. I don't think they'll go back to opening to everyone again, but I could see them offering it for an additional fee. Of course is wristband swapping were to become a major issue, they could switch to using S&S cards for entry.

I really wanted a Havana room, but they didn't have any 2 person interior's left, and the balcony was just too much to justify when we really just wanted the pool access. We booked a Spa room instead to try and figure we could try Havana on a future cruise, since we plan on going on the Mardi Gras and Panorama.

On 1/18/2020 at 2:07 PM, Elaine5715 said:

With that theory, several adults could switch on and off all cruise, lulling the crew who after they recognize guests, stop checking.  Same with Cheers, Spa cabins, etc

Oh the horror!

Honestly don't understand why people here care so much about what other people do that doesn't effect them. I'd venture to guess most guests would prefer his wife accessing the area as opposed to his son. 

8 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Oh the horror!

Honestly don't understand why people here care so much about what other people do that doesn't effect them. I'd venture to guess most guests would prefer his wife accessing the area as opposed to his son. 

Because it does affect others.  Havana used to be open to everyone after 7 pm and now it isn't due to guest behavior.  

Everyone used to be able to bring on water and now can't thanks to guests behavior.  Arrival appointments were created due to guest behavior.  Smoking prohibited on balconies due to guest behavior. Bacon guards due to guest behavior

7 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Because it does affect others.  Havana used to be open to everyone after 7 pm and now it isn't due to guest behavior.  

Everyone used to be able to bring on water and now can't thanks to guests behavior.  Arrival appointments were created due to guest behavior.  Smoking prohibited on balconies due to guest behavior. Bacon guards due to guest behavior

Not really apples to apples comparisons. 

Havana wasn't changed because of guest behavior. It wasn't because rules were being broken. It was because Havana rooms aren't worth the added cost if they can be used by anyone after 7.

Waters I'll give you, but they have free water on board, and a case on board costs $4.50 now. If we were talking sneaking beer in soda boxes, I'd agree.

Arrival appointments were created to streamline the process and drastically reduce wait times. Not because of guest behavior, unless you mean the behavior of all arriving trying to get on ASAP which caused massive lines.

Smoking on balconies is because of guest behavior (and of course inherent risk), but mostly throwing them off the side of the boat. Something fair to be upset about other people doing.

I'm not sure what about the Bacon other than maybe taking tons of it? That is fair to be bothered by because it directly affects everyone behind them, but true of everything on board.

This doesn't have an effect on you. Now, if people start using wristbands they got on a previous cruise or selling them on ebay, I'll be with you.

1 hour ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Not really apples to apples comparisons. 

Havana wasn't changed because of guest behavior. It wasn't because rules were being broken. It was because Havana rooms aren't worth the added cost if they can be used by anyone after 7.

Waters I'll give you, but they have free water on board, and a case on board costs $4.50 now. If we were talking sneaking beer in soda boxes, I'd agree.

Arrival appointments were created to streamline the process and drastically reduce wait times. Not because of guest behavior, unless you mean the behavior of all arriving trying to get on ASAP which caused massive lines.

Smoking on balconies is because of guest behavior (and of course inherent risk), but mostly throwing them off the side of the boat. Something fair to be upset about other people doing.

I'm not sure what about the Bacon other than maybe taking tons of it? That is fair to be bothered by because it directly affects everyone behind them, but true of everything on board.

This doesn't have an effect on you. Now, if people start using wristbands they got on a previous cruise or selling them on ebay, I'll be with you.

When Havana opened, the wristbands went on sale on Ebay