Lot's of scooter questions - first timer

cl.klink

On 2/9/2020 at 6:26 PM, PG13 said:

Thanks to everyone here for your advice. I read and read reviews and watched videos after video.  My husband finally agreed to the E V Rider scooter in red, manual folding because it has 2 front wheels. We ordered it from an Ohio dealer, I was more comfortable talking with a real person prior to ordering it. And, its getting here in 3 days from the headquarters in Florida, I was told.  He gave us 5% off, no tax as they are located out of state. It is the same price everywhere I looked, so I was pleased he offered us a discount and included a backpack that goes on the back of the scooter, no basket. So here's hoping its all I'm thinking it will be and that DH can adjust to his new ride. Thanks again, Pat 

Pat--I hope by now you have received your scooter and you are happy with it.  I just mail ordered my 2nd EV Rider scooter.  It was delivered yesterday and I used it for the first time today.  It is  just a little bit smaller but also weighs less than my first one.  Let us know what you think.

Oh. thanks a bunch Ray! Very glad to hear your scooter is not getting banged around too much in cargo etc.  While I did not purchase the EV Rider, I ordered my dh the Pride Go Go folding scooter, which is pretty much the same scooter overall  from what I have been told. It appeared that we could get that one faster and the warranty was a little bit different. I have found your photo & comments about your scooter to be very, very helpful. I’m sure others have, too. 

by the way, the scooter I ordered does not have arms either and DH says he doesn’t need them. I agree that they might get in the way of getting on and off the scooter, Now that you mentioned that.

Thanks again.

3 hours ago, PG13 said:

I hope Ray or someone in the know will get back to us.   The E V rider I just purchased for DH has a 24V 11.5Ah Lithium Battery. Any issues at airports?  I know I'm to remove the battery on the gangway and take it on board with me. Should I call the airlines? Hmmm?

First of all, I would definitely contact the airlines.  Each airline has their own protocol for mobility scooters.  If you call them in advance it will save you time at the airport check in.  I have flown 5 times with my RV Rider and have never been asked to remove the battery.  As long as the battery is non-spillable (which EV Riders are) there should be no issues.  I just bought the latest model from EV Rider and my battery has the same specs as yours and it is TSA approved.  I'm not flying again until May, but I am not anticipating any problems.  

9 minutes ago, mlbcruiser said:

Oh. thanks a bunch Ray! Very glad to hear your scooter is not getting banged around too much in cargo etc.  While I did not purchase the EV Rider, I ordered my dh the Pride Go Go folding scooter, which is pretty much the same scooter overall  from what I have been told. It appeared that we could get that one faster and the warranty was a little bit different. I have found your photo & comments about your scooter to be very, very helpful. I’m sure others have, too. 

by the way, the scooter I ordered does not have arms either and DH says he doesn’t need them. I agree that they might get in the way of getting on and off the scooter, Now that you mentioned that.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the kind words.  I think the Pride Go Go is one of the more popular brands/style scooters.  I hope your dh enjoys the scooter and it helps both of you enjoy your travels.

Thank you Ray! I found the process of choosing a scooter very confusing. There are pros and cons to just about every one. And a bad review to balance out every wonderful review. Plus there are the sales. One vendor went from a 5% to 8% to a 10% discount online in barely over a week. That was even for scooters advertised at identical prices everywhere. Most of them will match the lowest price you can find which ended up paying off for us.  Just hope we end up liking the scooter as much as you like yours!