Free at Sea Specialty Dining Package with Add-On package

GettotheSun

Hi ...I think I have this right, but if anyone who understands the NCL specialty dining well has any input, very welcome.

With my booking I had the free at sea with 3 specialty dining meals for me and my partner (guests 1 and 2, both adults).  I am planning to add 3 specialty dining meals via an add-on for our kids (boys aged 14 and 11).  Our dining plans are Moderno x 4, Teppanyaki x 4, Cirque Dreams and Steam x4, and Le Bistro x2 (adults).  So if I add 3 specialty dining for just the 2 boys, it basically matches what we got with the free at sea.  I'm assuming we can apply these to the 3 dining venues all four of us are going to eat?   (i.e Le Bistro, I'd do as paid add-on). Understanding there is a supplement for the Cirque show for all 4 of us.  Do I have this right?  I've already booked the above resos except Dreams and Steam and wasn't asked for any additional payment at time of booking.

Edited by GettotheSun
clarification

The paid dining packages work the same as the free one. I don't think there's any differences.

I would suggest you look at menus for Le Bistro and add up the price of all that you think you would order. It might be cheaper to pay for one of the cover charge restaurants and use a dining package credit for Le Bistro due to it being ala carte.

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

The paid dining packages work the same as the free one. I don't think there's any differences.

I would suggest you look at menus for Le Bistro and add up the price of all that you think you would order. It might be cheaper to pay for one of the cover charge restaurants and use a dining package credit for Le Bistro due to it being ala carte.

That's a really good point.  Maybe it makes more sense to apply the specialty dinning credit to Le Bistro for the two adults, and we pay the a la carte charge for the Dreams and Steam for the 2 adults.  That way we get the full Le Bistro experience with extra apps if we want.   I'd welcome extra dessert but we don't really eat dessert...maybe ask if we can take back for the kids. haha  

1 hour ago, GettotheSun said:

That's a really good point.  Maybe it makes more sense to apply the specialty dinning credit to Le Bistro for the two adults, and we pay the a la carte charge for the Dreams and Steam for the 2 adults.  That way we get the full Le Bistro experience with extra apps if we want.   I'd welcome extra dessert but we don't really eat dessert...maybe ask if we can take back for the kids. haha  

They'll probably let you take it to go. I know the MDR does.