Just Booked on the Joy! | Question.

egcruise

Hello all!

I just book another Mexican Rivera cruise, this time instead of the Bliss, it's the Joy. When I was booking I though, I thought that I was booking on the Jewel. Does anyone have any opinions on Bliss, vs Jewel, vs Joy? I'm particularly curious about:

The Room sizes.

I've booked a balcony, on the 15 floor, how are the views? 

How loud or is the 15th floor?

How's the food?

How are the drinks?

How fast is the Wifi?

Many thanks,

E

Edited by egcruise
added q

We were on the Joy, January this year, 15th Deck, the Observation Lounge is on this Deck, it is the best location.  the first 2 days passengers had not discovered this fabulous place, then it got crowded. we had cabin 15180, we did hear noise above in the early morning, cabin was above the Gym area,  Have been on the Bliss, very much the same, have been on the Jewel, completely different Class of Ship, much smaller, but we have a cruise booked on the Jewel, starting to appreciate the smaller Ships.   We were in a mii suite on the Joy.   Had the Beverage Pkg., no problem getting drinks, good service.  The food is different for everyone, ate in the MDR 4 nights, no problem, had Specialty dining in Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina, our group of 6 enjoyed.  Yes some entrées could have been better, but nobody left hungry.   Had no problem with the wifi, we were only checking emails from family though.   The view from out mini suite, was unobstructed, a view of the Ocean??   Enjoy

1 hour ago, egcruise said:

Hello all!

I just book another Mexican Rivera cruise, this time instead of the Bliss, it's the Joy. When I was booking I though, I thought that I was booking on the Jewel. Does anyone have any opinions on Bliss, vs Jewel, vs Joy? I'm particularly curious about:

The Room sizes.

I've booked a balcony, on the 15 floor, how are the views? 

How loud or is the 15th floor?

How's the food?

How are the drinks?

How fast is the Wifi?

Many thanks,

E

The Joy and the Bliss are sisters. 

All three ships use the same main dining room menus. 

The Jewel is a small ship with fewer entertainment and dining venues. She is a more traditional cruise ship with traditional entertainment (basically the theater with production shows and one club area). 

we would personally stay with the Joy. 

14 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

We were on the Joy, January this year, 15th Deck, the Observation Lounge is on this Deck, it is the best location.  the first 2 days passengers had not discovered this fabulous place, then it got crowded. we had cabin 15180, we did hear noise above in the early morning, cabin was above the Gym area,  Have been on the Bliss, very much the same, have been on the Jewel, completely different Class of Ship, much smaller, but we have a cruise booked on the Jewel, starting to appreciate the smaller Ships.   We were in a mii suite on the Joy.   Had the Beverage Pkg., no problem getting drinks, good service.  The food is different for everyone, ate in the MDR 4 nights, no problem, had Specialty dining in Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina, our group of 6 enjoyed.  Yes some entrées could have been better, but nobody left hungry.   Had no problem with the wifi, we were only checking emails from family though.   The view from out mini suite, was unobstructed, a view of the Ocean??   Enjoy

Honestly I was thinking of booking a mini suite, but it was an extra $200 bucks for about 30 sqft more space, so we decided against it. I personally also enjoy the smaller ships more as well, which is why we booked so quickly only to find out that we misread. We also have the dining and drinking package. I ask about the wifi because I bought unlimited package for an extra $210 because I like staying connected, when I have the package and an iPhone in my pocket I feel less phantom buzzes.

Is there anything you'd expressly recommend trying no matter what?

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

All three ships use the same main dining room menus. 

We would personally stay with the Joy. 

I didn't know all three of them had the same.

--

May I ask why you'd stay with the Joy, any particular reason?

9 hours ago, egcruise said:

Honestly I was thinking of booking a mini suite, but it was an extra $200 bucks for about 30 sqft more space, so we decided against it. I personally also enjoy the smaller ships more as well, which is why we booked so quickly only to find out that we misread. We also have the dining and drinking package. I ask about the wifi because I bought unlimited package for an extra $210 because I like staying connected, when I have the package and an iPhone in my pocket I feel less phantom buzzes.

The actual room size between the mini suite and regular balcony appears to be the same.  I believe the 30 extra sqft is in the bathroom.   Much bigger than the regular balcony suite. We were undecided which to book until we saw a video on youtube and saw the size of the bathroom.  Larger shower and vanity with more storage space under the sink.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, egcruise said:

I didn't know all three of them had the same.

--

May I ask why you'd stay with the Joy, any particular reason?

We like to eat (places like Food Republic) and be entertained. On the Joy, you can move from the cavern club to the district Brewhouse to Q to different bars with live music. And even the observation lounge on the Joy. 

We have sailed on the Bliss, Joy and Encore once each. The Escape (another Breakaway Plus ship) four times. And the Jewel four times. Given the identical itinerary, we would pick the Bliss or Joy. 

We did the go karts. I wear glasses.  I could not get my glasses on right due to how tight the helmet was, so I had a big problem seeing!  the others in our group had fun though.  Reservations were hard to get.   The snacks in the Observation Lounge after 11am were good.  I said 4 MDR, there are only 3, Taste, Savor, and Manhattan.  We ate breakfast in the MDR also, 3 times, MUCH better than the chaotic buffet.  Open to 9am on port days, 930 on sea days.

17 hours ago, Pduaime said:

The actual room size between the mini suite and regular balcony appears to be the same.  I believe the 30 extra sqft is in the bathroom.   Much bigger than the regular balcony suite. We were undecided which to book until we saw a video on youtube and saw the size of the bathroom.  Larger shower and vanity with more storage space under the sink.  

That's what I though too, I booked a mini suite before and it felt the same as the balcony. Honestly I would of paid the upgrade fee if there was a bigger balcony, but alas, I don't terribly feel comfortable taking baths on a cruise ship.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:58 PM, egcruise said:

Dear Sir or Madame we just got off the joy last week we really enjoyed the observation and the best it had great food Starbucks and a bar what we didn’t enjoy very much were the dinners breakfast and lunch were great salads and soups were wonderful but every dinner meal we had with it was the paid ones or the free ones we didn’t like very muchWhat we failed to remember that has nothing to do with Norwegian joy is that this particular cruise for the first two days down are very cold in the last two days coming back up of course it  was  very cold so it’s just the warm beautiful weather in Mexico for three days so be prepared for a very crowded situations on the first two days in the last two days

4 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

Don't know when your cruise is, but weather will warm up in the next month.  January, did need a light jacket outside on the Ship, except in Mexico.  Was windy coming back to san Pedro, 

It's March 08.

I mean It gets cold at night regardless, at least on the balcony! I was more curious about the ship vs the actual cruise as I've only been on the Mexican rivera cruise, though sadly not on any other cruise.