RCCL shuttle from Orlando airport

wodude42

We have a group of 8 traveling on the Mariner on 2/26. We are actually flying into Orlando on 2/24 to spend the 2 nights prior to the trip in Orlando. However, my dad's TA went ahead and booked all of us on the RCCL shuttle to the dock which is pretty stupid since we will have 2 cars the 2 days we are in Orlando (we could have easily just dropped off the rentals in Port Canaveral!!). ANYWAY, since RCCL told us we could not get a refund on the shuttle, we will have to return our cars at the airport and take the shuttle. Could anyone tell me what time is the earliest shuttle from Orlando airport so we can get to the ship asap?

Thanks in advance for anyone's help!

Robin in Illinois

That's ridiculous that someone said that you can't get a refund on the shuttle. Call again and you will likely get a different answer. Keep calling until you get the answer you want.

Yes, this REALLY IS how CSR works at Royal Caribbean!

Thanks Merion Mom,

This will be our 8th cruise and it is very difficult for me not having any control as to the plans. I understand that we are not paying for it, but my Dad knew from the beginning that there were several options to get to the Port and not to book anything yet. I will call RCCL myself and see if I can get some information so he can give it to his TA.

If we are not successful, does anyone know what time the shuttle starts picking up at Orlando airport?

For a party of 8 most anyway of getting to the port would be less expensive than the RCI shuttles. I think the TA screwed this up big time. However, I'm not sure if RCI will do anything for you since the arrangements were made through a TA. The TA may be the one to have to call and cancel. That could be why customer service gave you the answer that they did. Of course, Marion Mom's explanation could easily be the correct reason, too!

Sorry, I can't help on the time of the earliest shuttle.

depending on where you are in Orlando ART's SHUTTLE will take you to the port(from Orlando airport) for about $105 for 7-8 people + tip they are good and on time we (7of us) have used them before and are using them again in March to go to CocoaBeach before our cruise---HAPPY SAILING!!!!! artsshuttle.com

If the worst case scenario comes true and you end up paying for the RCCL shuttle no matter what, couldn't you just "write it off"? Seems that dropping off a couple of rental cars at Port Canaveral and taking the shuttle from the rental car place to the port would be much, much faster and smoother than going back to airport, getting over to the RCCL shuttle, waiting, waiting, getting herded together with everyone else, and then finally head for the port. You would end up spending the same amount of money either way.

Of course, a refund of the RCCL shuttle would seem to be the first option to pursue.

Mark

This is exaclty what I would do. Most of the rental car agencies are less than a mile from the port and they will take you to the pier as soon as you drop off the car. They didn't make us wait until they had a full load in the van (Avis). I'm not exactly sure of the times RCCL shuttles run but it seems to me someone told me there were only two a day (Sunday's) and the times were around 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. The 10:00 am wouldn't be bad but you dont' want to wait until 2:00 pm would you could be at the peir yourself at 11:00 and start enjoying the ship asap. Hope it works out.

Thanks Canadian Cruising Couple for the information on the ticket. I will check with my Dad to see if he can bring this to the attention of the TA that screwed this up in the first place to see if she can talk to RCCL again and see what our options are. If my Dad feels more comfortable having all of us take the shuttle after the trip is over, I really don't care since none of us have too early of a flight. But it seems crazy for us to drive back to the airport.

Thanks everyone for all your input. I will call RCCL to see if they can give me an answer on the shuttle times if all else fails. I know RCCL will not give me or my Dad info since the trip was booked thru a TA, I was going to call RCCL so I can find out first hand if we truly have no other options so my Dad can give his TA the info to try to fix the mess! I had already done research on Art's and was going to give this info to my Dad when he told me the shuttle was a done deal :-( It's really hard when he's paying for the trip and all I'm trying to do is save him some money!

Robin

Archived