Obstructed view vs. inside cabin on Majesty

SLH

I never had either but I heard that the obstructions on Deck 8 sometimes aren't that bad or, in some cases, nonexistant. Also the outside cabins are a little bigger which is important because the cabins on the Majesty are smaller than the new mega ships. Also it is impossible to tell day or night in the interior cabins so definitely take a clock. On the other side, interior cabins are cheaper & you aren't in them that much. You can try calling Royal Caribbean & maybe they can tell you how bad the obstruction is. I don't know.

Yes, it is. I've been on her sister ship, Monarch, 3 times now, only once in an inside cabin. The floor space is not much larger, but the outside cabins have more storage, a big plus. Brace yourself for some of the smallest cabins afloat (I know there are smaller!), but for a short cruise, they work out fine. My husband and I have the beds seperated so we can stand up in the cabin!

First, Here are some pics of the view from deck 8.

http://community.webshots.com/album/183397492JnrrZL

These are from the Sovereign the Majesty's sister ship. The view should be the same.

Second, deck 6 should have no obstructions, It's issue is it is below the Promenade deck. The early morning joggers might wake you up!

And yes, the interior rooms are small! But, it's a short cruise and most people don't spend much time in the cabins. We've done interiors with 2 adult and a child, tight but doable.

I've had both inside and ov and I think the ov is definitely worth it. We were on deck 8 and our window wasn't horribly obstructed. I like having the extra space and the natural light. I also like the location, very easy to get to the pool deck and the windjammer or the champagne bar. ;) I booked connecting deck 8 ov for our cruise on the Majesty in April '07. I think for the few extra dollars, it is worth the money. Have fun.

Mark--

If you want sea air on the Majesty, you are going to have to go for a suite. There are NO standard balcony cabins on Majesty!

You are very correct. I had suites and balconies on my mind...

In a not very etymologically thorough look-up, I got curious about the term "porthole." The definition of porthole in most places seems to consider it to be a small window that can be opened, but some usage of the term porthole limits it just be used to let in light. It seems that cruise line web sites often refer to "round window" or "window" when it can't be opened. The Majesty, like other larger ships, has mostly sealed windows in an effort to reduce their heating/cooling costs.

We just did a back to back from the Majesty and then to the Brilliance. We had an inside cabin deck 5, 119 sq ft. We had luggage packed for our 3 night and our 11 night aboard the Brilliance. The cabin was small, but it wasn't unbearable, even with all of the luggage. The closet and the bathroom were actually larger than I expected.To get the extra space that you want you will have to bump up to the cabins with 154 sq ft or a Junior Suite. We weren't in our room enough to pay the extra money since we were in a port two of the three days. On the Briliance we had a D1 aft cabin, I wouldn't do an inside for 11 nights.

This was our first cruise on the Majesty, I would sail on her again in a heartbeat. The food was actually better on the Majesty than the Brilliance.

First, Here are some pics of the view from deck 8.

http://community.webshots.com/album/183397492JnrrZL

These are from the Sovereign the Majesty's sister ship. The view should be the same.

Second, deck 6 should have no obstructions, It's issue is it is below the Promenade deck. The early morning joggers might wake you up!

And yes, the interior rooms are small! But, it's a short cruise and most people don't spend much time in the cabins. We've done interiors with 2 adult and a child, tight but doable.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. What room on deck 8 was this? We just booked on SOS deck 8.

Archived