what to see/do in Toulon

caggfamily

I'll be on the Celebrity Apex in July with my husband and two young adult daughters, and one of the stops is Toulon. Celebrity offers a few excursions but most seem to be bus tours and hold little interest. Any suggestions of where to go and what to see while there? I would love to visit a winery, but most of the private tours I've seen are very expensive. I'd appreciate any ideas.

We took a taxi in September.  It was 300 Euros [half what private guides wanted].  We drove by the famous Mont Sainte-Victoire [a favorite subject for Cezanne], then the driver parked right at the Rotonde in Aix and waited all day for us to tour around.  We visited the parish church of St-Jean-de-Malte and the Musée Granet next door, walked around the Mazarin neighborhood and the length of Cours Mirabeau.  Do to some confusion we didn't get to the Cathedral but there would have been time.

More details in my blog:

jazzbeauxmediterraneancruise2019.wordpress.com

[Toulon was a last-minute substitute port for Ajaccio, Corsica]

We took a taxi in September.  It was 300 Euros [half what private guides wanted].  We drove by the famous Mont Sainte-Victoire [a favorite subject for Cezanne], then the driver parked right at the Rotonde in Aix and waited all day for us to tour around.  We visited the parish church of St-Jean-de-Malte and the Musée Granet next door, walked around the Mazarin neighborhood and the length of Cours Mirabeau.  Do to some confusion we didn't get to the Cathedral but there would have been time.
More details in my blog:
jazzbeauxmediterraneancruise2019.wordpress.com
[Toulon was a last-minute substitute port for Ajaccio, Corsica]
Thank you so much. I will check it out.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk