Shore Excursions-St. Maarten and St. Thomas

mandm2

My Recommendations.

St. Maarten - If the ATV Experience is offered, I highly recommend this. OUr grou pof thirty had a blast. Click on my photo link below for some pictures. Near the middle of the pack in the photo link.

1cornoa4u - How did you manage to post this picture, I have not been able to achieve this task. Could you please share your process.

Thanks

It's on my album, www.smugmug.com then it will give you a choice of links for the size to post here. Really, I like that album better than webshots. More choices, and I like the format better. But I think I paid $30.00 a year for it, but I think there may be a free one?

You can make the albums private, but still be able to post just one pic. Check it out.:)

If you are posting a pic, and you have a link to it, when you post, in the editor here, there is a pic icon that you click on, then paste the link in there. Otherwise, use html tags; link goes here

David, do you know if there were any teenagers on your excursion, or if they had ATVs seating 2 people? I attempted to register for this excursion and noted the minimun age for driving is 18, and also it indicates that the ATVs are singles? Could this perhaps be incorrect? Did you see anyone with more than 1 person on their ATV? Your help is greatly appreciated as we really want to do this excursion. Thank you very much for lal your help!

Hey Mimi

The ATV's that we were on only held one person. I am larger person and there would not have been any room for a passenger, even if you were more small framed. There is just one padded seat built for one rider. It would be unsafe to put anyone on there with you. They are very strict about the age limit. On our trip, they asked for ID from two guest who looked a little young. They were both 19, so they Ok'd them.

If you can arrange it, it is a great time. We still talk about it.

Dave

I agree Ameica's Cup is very very good. You will have to participate in the race, it's not a kcik back excursion, and they have then first thing so you can have the rest of the day easily. Shopping in St Maarten is awesome!

St Thomas has so much to offer, pick through the excursion list and times, and Trunk Bay you can eaily do on your own if you want some time at the beach. Shopping is fun there too, but for jewelery buying I'd do it in St Maarten.

I agree it's a lot of fun, however you won't have to participate too much if you don't want to. They have "jobs" like timekeeper who only has to call times from a stopwatch until the race starts, and bartender, and "reserve grindette"..

Thanks David, I think we'll have to try to find a private ATV excursion vs the ship's just for that reason. Our son really loves the ATV excursion, so we really want to share this one with him. Thanks again for all your help!

Although I cannot be a big help, I know there are others out there. Here is a quick link that might help. If you scroll about half way down, they do list on shore operator that offers service to kids.

http://www.st-maarten-info.com/St-Maarten-Activities/st_Maarten_activities.html

Have a great cruise.

Archived