Uniworld Burgundy and Provence cruise 2020- ? tours.

gma rae

Hello all, We are taking a Uniworld cruise from Lyon to Avignon the first week of June2020. I am interested in information regarding the Masterpiece Collection excursions. I can view them on the Uniworld site but they do not describe what is included or how much they cost. Has anyone here done this cruise in 2019 and can share dailies or personal experience with these tours and approximate cost?  I have read some nice reviews but the info is old. Just trying to figure out which included tours and which extra tours to take and if we need to plan for DIY touring in addition to what is offered.

Thanks in Advance!

We'll be taking this cruise in April as the second half of our Grand France cruise with Uniworld. I contacted Uniworld yesterday about pricing of the Masterpiece Collection excursions, and I was told that the technical team is still working on that.  They suggested I call in a week or so to see if that info is available. I also wanted to know if we could pre-pay for the M.C. excursions.

My agent told me the info will be available when I board the ship.  This is one area where Crystal is better than Uniworld.  I can pick and choose all the excursions way a head of time on Crystal.  I cannot find any adequate information Uniworld.  

On 2/3/2020 at 7:29 PM, kent9xxx1 said:

My agent told me the info will be available when I board the ship.  This is one area where Crystal is better than Uniworld.  I can pick and choose all the excursions way a head of time on Crystal.  I cannot find any adequate information Uniworld.  

I agree that Crystal provides more info on excursions for pre-booking.  I did like doing research ahead of the cruise and deciding what excursions would be most interesting for us on our Bach cruise last summer.  However, I did kind of miss the port talks that Uniworld provides each night explaining in more detail what each excursion includes.  Although I thoroughly enjoyed all of our excursions offered by Crystal, the highlight of our trip was an excursion we took with another couple (not offered by Crystal) to the Eltz Castle.  The nice thing about river cruising is that there is always the option to explore on your own.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Babcia7 said:

I agree that Crystal provides more info on excursions for pre-booking.  I did like doing research ahead of the cruise and deciding what excursions would be most interesting for us on our Bach cruise last summer.  However, I did kind of miss the port talks that Uniworld provides each night explaining in more detail what each excursion includes.  Although I thoroughly enjoyed all of our excursions offered by Crystal, the highlight of our trip was an excursion we took with another couple (not offered by Crystal) to the Eltz Castle.  The nice thing about river cruising is that there is always the option to explore on your own.

As @Keith1010 says on the Crystal ocean forum, "Choice is good."  On ocean cruises, my CDO comes out [it's really OCD, but I prefer to keep it in alphabetical order...] and I plan for years ahead and replan over and over – but on river cruises, I really like the fact that they do all the planning for me and I can just go with the flow...