prices go up quickly or not??

resq602

There really is no way to tell. It all depends on the cabin catagory that you are looking at, how well the catagory is selling, and how well the cruise is selling in general. If you want something like the owner's suite I wouldn't wait long as they are few and far between. If you want an inside cabin I wouldn't sweat it as there are many of them.

If you are sure about which cruise you want you can book and lock in a price. If it goes down you can get the lower price and if it goes up you are safe from the increase. Just remember, if every one books early then there will be no price drops because the cruise is selling well. So it is all a bit of a game and taking your chances. It is very much like booking airline flights.

I would imagine that it would depend on whether the cruise is selling fast or not. I booked our upcoming 7 months out--didn't get any big price break, and now it appears the price has risen quite a bit. I think it's pretty much a gamble. If the price drops after you book, they will lower it for you. (Unless it's some kind of new booking special!)

Book now, just make sure you use a TA that gives you 100% of your deposit back until final payment is due if you change your mind and that they will give you a reduction if the price goes down, be sure that is all the way till sailing date. Then you won't have to worry about the risk. Many of them will do this . Ask for thier written policy or get it in writing if your dealing with someone your not familiar with. Check out *****.com for a way to get lots of prices from agents all over.

looking to book a cruise now for november, if i wait will i get kicked in the butt by not booking now??? let me know will the prices jump dramaticly up or down? thanks

resq602

I booked my cruise for Nov. 2006 back in 2005. I went on the website the other day and everything is sold out except inside cabins. So I guess its a chance you take.

When we booked our cruise (last Feb.) for this March 5th on the Explorer, we booked a Promanade Room. The price was $999 p/p. A couple of months later I saw the price for the Promanade Room had dropped to $839 p/p. called RCCL they asked if it had booked through a TA, I said yes, They said to call the TA. Called and we got the room for $839. Since we had already paid off the cruise we received a $300 credit on our credit card. So keep a eye on your cruise and maybe it'll work out for you.

Archived