Benefits to prebooking while on board?

amandalcarlson

Hello!

is there any benefit to booking your next cruise while you're on the ship? I plan to buy cruisenext deposits already, but are there other benefits? or is it just the same if I book with my travel agent?

Also, do you have to have the cruisenext deposits when you do initial booking? or just before final payment is due?

Situation: Will be on cruise at the end of February, will buy cruisenext deposits then. Looking to book cruise in January 2021--should I just book it now and then apply deposits later? Book while on the ship? Or get the deposits and book later?

Thanks to all you experienced cruisers!!

Booking with the Cruise Next staff may give you a one cabin class upgrade free.

Down payment requirements may be reduced.

You may use the Cruise Next certificates you just bought - maybe even double up.

Have a specific cabin or location in mind - if available book it now - you can change the booking to something

else with better perks bennies bonuses later although once in the Final Payment period this poses problems.

Booking now with the Cruise Next crew you can see on the NCL computer what is available perhaps on a

larger scale than the restrictive booking on your home computer device i.e. no 15 cabin limitation. 

About that TA you work with - after making the reservation/booking with the Cruise Next you can transfer it over

to your TA for any additional TA perks.

Have a talk - see what they can offer - you can wait and complete the booking later while on board.

• Like 1

The upgrade is within the class. It's not an Inside to Oceanview it's IF to ID. Though I've seen some post the got more than one subcategory moved up - like IF to IA. I almost exclusively sail studios that have no upgrade available so I have no experience.

Officially you're supposed to use it at booking in lieu of deposit. From personal experience I've 1) used it as initial deposit 2) added one on a few months after initial deposit 3) used it as initial deposit and added a second one during a promo months later 4) added on a few months after the initial deposit and several months after that added a second one during a promo and 5) used it during the full payment as the cruise was past final payment date.

The only catch that I've found with using them so far is if you're using a TA and it's after final payment you need to call them (vs doing online) as they have to get NCL to apply the CN to your cruise before you then pay the full amount. They won't let you apply the CN even if it's immediately after you've paid in full. I haven't a cruise booked direct on NCL.com after final payment to see if their website lets you apply it (though I have added a second CN before final using their website payment system). 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

The upgrade is within the class. It's not an Inside to Oceanview it's IF to ID. Though I've seen some post the got more than one subcategory moved up - like IF to IA. I almost exclusively sail studios that have no upgrade available so I have no experience.

Officially you're supposed to use it at booking in lieu of deposit. From personal experience I've 1) used it as initial deposit 2) added one on a few months after initial deposit 3) used it as initial deposit and added a second one during a promo months later 4) added on a few months after the initial deposit and several months after that added a second one during a promo and 5) used it during the full payment as the cruise was past final payment date.

The only catch that I've found with using them so far is if you're using a TA and it's after final payment you need to call them (vs doing online) as they have to get NCL to apply the CN to your cruise before you then pay the full amount. They won't let you apply the CN even if it's immediately after you've paid in full. I haven't a cruise booked direct on NCL.com after final payment to see if their website lets you apply it (though I have added a second CN before final using their website payment system). 

thanks!

I think the categories is where I get confused.....I want to book a concierge inside family stateroom on the Joy....I don't even know that there would be an upgrade on that!

Thanks for all the info on applying cruisenext!