Gluten Free on MSC..the bad, good and great..

Nashna

On 1/30/2022 at 6:23 PM, Cruise12347 said:

@Norwegian Cruiser 73are you able share some more photos of the gluten free menus please from your trip on MSC Grandiosa please? Where sailing soon and love to see more examples of the kind items available. Slightly worried as to what will be available and if it’ll be repetitive!

Is it the same GF menu for dinner each night of a cruise or does it change? 

Have you got photos of the lunch GF menu? Does that changr or is the same everyday?

Have you got a photo of the GF breakfast menu too please.

Thanks for 

@Cruise12347 i didn't see your message before now 🙈 The menus was not repetitive, they luckily offered a new menu every day. I didn't eat lunch in the MDR so I can't tell. How did your cruise go? Were you happy about the GF food options onboard? 

• 1 year later...

I just finished a 9 day MSC cruise on the Meraviglia and they were very careful about making sure I had Gluten Free options. The bread ( 5 types that I saw) was individually packaged. Only the head waiter was allowed to serve me and he discussed my choices with the chef directly. The servers in the buffet line always went to check with the kitchen when asked if something was gf   
There was always a variety of things to pick from except late night where there was no GF pizza only some fries ( cooked in a fryer only used for the fries) and fruit. 
They had several dessert options available. When I mentioned I was sad that none of them were chocolate they asked me to meet the at the chocolate shop and worked it out with them to produce a batch of GF chocolates on request. I declined because I had already found M&Ms in the gift shop to cure my craving. 
Hope this helps