Help want to take a train from Barcelona to Paris

lhanson38

Need a little help trying to plan a train trip. We are getting off the Aullure on Aug 30th. We need to be in Amsterdam to get on the Brilliance on Sept 2. What we would like to do is head to Paris on the 30th  spend a day or 2 there then head to Brugee spend a day there. Then take the train to Amsterdam on the 2th. Anyway we are have a had time getting Train info. Has anyone done this. Or something like it.

Leigh

Sure buy Barcelona to Paris  train ticket from https://en.oui.sncf/en/ Aug 30 is not sold yet so get it when it comes out. Takes 6.5 hrs. From Paris go-to Brussels then to Brugges on Belgian rail. If you are over 65 then tickets in Belgium are really cheap. Or just stay in Brussels and do day trip to Brugges and then train to Amsterdam

• Thanks 1

I start with the Trainline web site for my research, and when I know which carriers provide the segment I need, I go to their web site to verify.  You're too early to get August tickets, but you can at least get an idea of departure times, travel times, frequency and price on trainline.  

https://www.thetrainline.com/

I always buy train tickets from official rail sites like French SNCF (link above),  Spanish Renfe and Belgian of Dutch rail (look for their international sites for cross border tickets). If you buy as soon as tickets come out (90-120 days) can take advantage of deep promos (70% off in some cases). 3rd party agencies like raileurope do not offer good value. 

Tickets in Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg) are always on some kind of promo if bought in advance. I've seen Brussels to Amsterdam (3 hr train) for as little as 15€. Also senior rates are in effect.