Help - Taxi upon arrival vs Prebook transportation

takk

First time to Barbados.  We are planning to go to Bathseda, Crane Beach, Surfers Point to surf and stop at a local distillery.  I am wondering if we need to pre book transportation or can we hire a local taxi at a reasonable fare for the day.  We will be out touring the island for roughly 6 hours. I welcome any and all feedback!  Also if you have any ideas of must see please don't hesitate to give us your ideas!  Thanks!

9 hours ago, takk said:

First time to Barbados.  We are planning to go to Bathseda, Crane Beach, Surfers Point to surf and stop at a local distillery.  I am wondering if we need to pre book transportation or can we hire a local taxi at a reasonable fare for the day.  We will be out touring the island for roughly 6 hours. I welcome any and all feedback!  Also if you have any ideas of must see please don't hesitate to give us your ideas!  Thanks!

Full day Taxi from a vendor, outside the port gates, will be in the region of $200.00 ish, but cheaper than inside the port. There will be multiple taxi owners vying enthusiastically for your business, as it their only livelihood, it means so much to them, possibly more than some cruisers realise.

As your going to Crane Beach then your nearest (and the best choice) Distillery will be Foursquare.  

1. Thanks very much for your help.  We will do that then as the tours operators have been quoting me at much higher rates than that.  I just wasnt sure if it was doable to get someone for the whole day!  Thanks also for the Distillery recommendation!  Looking forward to some Barbados Rum!!

8 minutes ago, takk said:
  1. Thanks very much for your help.  We will do that then as the tours operators have been quoting me at much higher rates than that.  I just wasnt sure if it was doable to get someone for the whole day!  Thanks also for the Distillery recommendation!  Looking forward to some Barbados Rum!!

If requiring Rum suggestions, contact Foursquare to see if they still have bottles of these in stock asking to reserve your presference.

Triptych 

Destino

Pricipa

16 hours ago, chefchick said:

Although not inexpensive, St Nichols Abbey rum is very good, and a lovely spot to visit. 

Totally agree, but it's a full day visit to take in everything, including good/drink.  Not the place for a quick visit.  Sadly, believe they have ended the 50% refill for my thee engraved.