Waterfalls in Dominican Republic

bd1958

I'm wondering if anyone has toured the Damajagua Waterfalls while stopped in The DR.  There are a couple of tours listed.  My question is, will it tend to be crowded with other tours such that it just feels like another busy tourist site (I'm aware that I'm one of those tourists), or will it feel more private and secluded?

Thanks,

Bruce

There will be plenty of groups there.  Multiple bus loads in the parking lot.  But guided groups depart every 10 or 15 minutes.  You have to walk up the hill to the starting point, and you walk as a group, so you do not encounter any of the other groups who are out on the course.  Our group was a ship excursion of about 25 or so.

When we got to the start of the water courses, there was a group ahead of us still taking the first plunge, so we had about a 5 minute wait until it was our time, but then our group was in the river, and we didn't get bogged down behind any other groups the rest of the way, though they must have been just up ahead of us.  It flows pretty smoothly.

I loved it, but did get a few bumps and bruises along the way = as the waterslides are naturally formed worn rock water courses, and if you don't watch your elbows, you can hit the sides.  No major damage, but not something for the fragile.  We went last year at age 56, but probably would not do it if we were 65 or older.

Don

Damajagua Waterfalls is a must see. Book off the ship, I use Iguana Mama (Tour Company) our tour had 4 people total, eventually formed into a group of 8 with 10+ guides and helpers. So book private, the walk off the port is about 15 minutes. This is a can't miss adventure. Not many people are up for an adventure of this level. Early 70's and it almost wore me out. The 27 (upper falls) was closed but the bottom 12 were open and plenty for a normal person or family.