Transatlantic and last minute pricing out of NY

Mr and Mrs C

I have been watching prices of the 15 day transatlantic out of New York on the Escape. Originally we were planning on going in April of 2022, but it is not available to book yet so I was checking prices for this April as well as 2021. At the end of January for 2020 it was $2600 Canadian for 2 for the sale away rate, with $50 shore exxcursion credit, last week it was $1900, today it is $1700. I am assuming the two recent price drops were due to Covid 19. Wondering if anyone else has been able to get a great last minute deal on a transatlantic, without factoring in the virus in previous years? 

April 2021 on the Escape out of NY does not currently have the sale away rate available, is this something that is generally added closer to the sale date? For Two in a mid ship balcony with all the perks is $6586 Canadian right now. If I can get a price of $2600 on the 2021 closer to the date, we would be able to make the trip instead of waiting until 2022.

I would be fine without the perks, for those prices I can buy a lot of drinks! 

I've done lots of last minute cruises, but the rates I am seeing are even cheaper than what I usually get. I've done 7 days for $249 and 13 days for $449. But never 15 days for $300. Really, really cheap, and many of them include perks marketed as free. This sailing is scheduled to go to Livorno and Rome. I think there is some likelihood that it gets rerouted or even cancelled due to all the virus unknowns. If I were to book this one, I would probably buy CFAR insurance on this one. Of course, at those rates, maybe just risk the $300 cruise fare

• Like 1

We've booked this cruise @$399 but we've got some perqs left over from the abbreviated TA on the Getaway last April that brings it down to the $300 price point.  It's till 6 weeks out so we'll be watching closely for itinerary changes viz the two Italian ports.  Our kids think we're crazy to go (our eldest likened the ship to an "oversized Petri dish"...lol) but we're adopting a wait-and-see attitude.

Just two crazy senior citizens cruising again!!

• Thanks 1