Trouble changing staterooms

Chest Rockman

Hope someone can offer advise here.

I have booked a cruise and paid the deposit. The original booking had 2 x £300 future cruise certificates applied to the booking so the total cruise price was originally 2 x £1446 =£2892 - £600 = £2292.

I rang customer services to change staterooms after checking the price online which is 2 x £1448 = £2896. They have stated the price to change is basically £2896- £2292 = £604. 

I tried to explain that they need to apply the FCC discount of £600 to the new booking price otherwise i would be basically giving them the £600 back but Celebrity can't see to understand the logic.

Has anyone come across this problem themselves or a similar problem with their application of FCC. If so how did you get them to understand the maths, all i kept hearing was thats they way it works and it was unresolved 

Any advise is appreciated and apologies for all the figures

Cheers

My wife and I had FCCs applied to a July Alaskan cruise and I recently had the cruise repriced from our original refundable fare with 2 perks to a non-refundable fare with 4 perks - for almost the same price. I made sure that the FCCs would still apply before giving the final approval to make the change. I would expect that a room change in the same cabin class should also allow the FCCs to be applied. Perhaps the rules are different in the UK vs the USA, but I would escalate the issue to a supervisor.

Best of luck

We had a cruise last year where we'd had a 500.00 FCC applied due to a problem on a previous cruise.  About 2 months before the cruise, I noticed that the price of a Celebrity suite had dropped to within a couple hundred dollars of what we paid for a sky suite.  We, along with friends we were sailing with,  and they decided to do the same.

So I called.  First agent told me that they would pay 300.00 but we'd pay 800.00 because we paid 500.00 less than our friends.  I could not get her to understand that it was an FCC for a goodwill gesture.  The call was while I was in Ft. Lauderdale and our flight was soon.  While on the plane I tried to figure out how to explain it.  (my logic was I'd ask them to remove it, calculate how much I would then owe (800.00) and then add the 500.00 back.  

When we got to Houston for our layover, I called again.  Agent that time told me it would be 300.00 dollars, because that's what the difference was.  She understood the FCC.

Hi Guys 

Thanks for the replies

Yes it seems they have real trouble understanding basic maths. 

Addydancer i must be talking to the same customer services rep that you were as i had a 1 hour wasted phone call 

I'm supposed to be getting a supervisor call back today but my fear is the cabin will have been already booked 

Fingers crossed i get a positive result

Thanks

Go on the website and put a courtesy hold (24 hour hold, no charge) on the cabin you want.  Then when you're talking to the supervisor, they can pull up the courtesy hold by it's number (you'll get it when you place the hold), and that way the cabin will be there. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Now celebrity are saying due to their 'live pricing environment' they want to charge me £2000 extra to change rooms.

When i price up the room i want today its actually cheaper than the one i have booked.

They can't  explain why they are committing what looks like daylight robbery apart from thats what the computer says it is to change.

Edited by Chest Rockman

6 minutes ago, Chest Rockman said:

Now celebrity are saying due to their 'live pricing environment' they want to charge me £2000 extra to change rooms.

When i price up the room i want today its actually cheaper than the one i have booked.

They can't  explain why they are committing what looks like daylight robbery apart from thats what the computer says it is to change.

It may have to do with rules in your country (I assume UK because of the pricing).  I know their payment and fee model is different than in the US.  Good luck!