Any photos of Joy Forward Haven (H7) Disabled Cabin 13108?

tbae

Hi friends- we are on the Joy and are thinking of moving our cabin to 13108 which is an H7, disabled cabin and it is open and being recommend by our cruise consultant as she knows our circumstances. My husband has mobility issues due to a a spine disease (and he has other health issues as well) and having a shower he can walk into is much safer. He has fallen numerous times trying to climb over the tub/shower. My questions are - I have heard that unlike other Forward Facing Haven Suites that have a separate little living room, this room is all just one big room (presumably for ease of wheel chair turnaround)? Just curious if this is true. And I wanted to know if anyone can confirm that the shower is in fact walk-in, I mean it SHOULD be, but just wanting confirmation. Also - is the walk down the hall pretty long to the elevators? We typically will stay in the courtyard in the Haven for centrally located proximity to things so he doesn't have to walk as much as he is a little slower than the average bear. If anyone has any photos or video of this specific cabin or info--that would be wonderful! Believe me we have full understanding that if some one with an even more severe disability needs the room, like someone confined to a wheel chair we will be asked to move. One day not long from now my husband will be in a wheelchair and he is just 57, with a not long life expectancy either - so I am asking that with kindness that we refrain from commenting on this aspect of my post. With many thanks....Traci 

• 2 years later...
On 3/6/2020 at 12:16 AM, tbae said:

Hi friends- we are on the Joy and are thinking of moving our cabin to 13108 which is an H7, disabled cabin and it is open and being recommend by our cruise consultant as she knows our circumstances. My husband has mobility issues due to a a spine disease (and he has other health issues as well) and having a shower he can walk into is much safer. He has fallen numerous times trying to climb over the tub/shower. My questions are - I have heard that unlike other Forward Facing Haven Suites that have a separate little living room, this room is all just one big room (presumably for ease of wheel chair turnaround)? Just curious if this is true. And I wanted to know if anyone can confirm that the shower is in fact walk-in, I mean it SHOULD be, but just wanting confirmation. Also - is the walk down the hall pretty long to the elevators? We typically will stay in the courtyard in the Haven for centrally located proximity to things so he doesn't have to walk as much as he is a little slower than the average bear. If anyone has any photos or video of this specific cabin or info--that would be wonderful! Believe me we have full understanding that if some one with an even more severe disability needs the room, like someone confined to a wheel chair we will be asked to move. One day not long from now my husband will be in a wheelchair and he is just 57, with a not long life expectancy either - so I am asking that with kindness that we refrain from commenting on this aspect of my post. With many thanks....Traci 

My questions are - I have heard that unlike other Forward Facing Haven Suites that have a separate little living room, this room is all just one big room (presumably for ease of wheel chair turnaround)? Just curious if this is true.

It is one large room with a large bathroom. 

3 hours ago, xenite2525 said:

And I wanted to know if anyone can confirm that the shower is in fact walk-in, I mean it SHOULD be, but just wanting confirmation.

A wheelchair can roll into the shower. 

Also - is the walk down the hall pretty long to the elevators?

It depends on how you look at it. On one hand, there is a walk to the elevators but of all of the forward facing Haven suites on decks 9-13, deck 13 has the shortest walk. 

If anyone has any photos or video of this specific cabin or info--that would be wonderful!

^^ This is Bliss (13106) but Joy's (13108) layout is the same. Joy avoids the number 4 so the numbers on the staterooms are a bit different. The balcony for both staterooms is partially enclosed. 

3 hours ago, xenite2525 said:

Was there two separate areas or one big room?

See above. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only