What time to leave ship in Civi to catch train?

Host Jacquelyn

We are looking to take the 9:35 Express train into Rome, and will be on Allure this July.

What time should we plan on leaving the ship to ensure we get to the train station on time?  I understand we need to

[1] Catch the free shuttle to Largo Della Pace. 

[2] Catch a 2 Euro bus to the train station. Is this bus at Largo Della Pace? 

Also, i read there an intermediate Port Mobility Shuttle from Largo Della Pace to Fort Michaelangelo - is that correct? It's a quick walk to the train station from Fort Michaelangelo, but walking from Largo Della Pace is a bit far

OR Can we catch the free Port Shuttle directly to Fort Michangelo and no need to go to Largo Della Pace? 

Thanks.

We did this in May 2019. You have to take the ships shuttle to the port entrance. In our case that was free. From there it is a mile walk to the train station. We pulled it up on google maps. Once at the train station you will need to buy tickets unless you booked online. I would recommend doing that. We didn’t, and couldn’t figure out the ticket machine so we had to wait for the relaxed teller at the ticket window to finally get our tickets. A sprint to the train, we waited maybe 5 minutes before it left for Rome. 
Our ship docked at 8am, we made the 0935 train. We stayed on until the second stop, then took the metro to the colosseum.
Coming back from Rome, we took the last train back -430pm, I think. Just made sure we got to the train station early enough. There were many places to eat or drink at that station. And clean bathrooms!

I don't recall what time we left the ship, but we were very lucky with our timing .... the shuttle bus left the pier shortly after we boarded, and the city bus arrived at Largo della Pace a few minutes after we arrived. Both bus trips were about 10-15 minutes, so from ship to train station was about 30 minutes. 

So .....if you factor in missing each bus and having to wait 10-15 minutes for the next, plus the length of each ride, you'd give yourself 50-60 minutes.

BTW, when we arrived at the train station there was a LONG line at the ticket machines and office for people buying tickets.  I happened to notice a sign at the store next door " Round Trip tickets only".   We planned on taking the train to San Pietro but on the return trip leave from Ostiense.   We bought RT tickets to Ostiense and hopped off early. This was for the 9:30express.   There were hardly any people on our train, coming or going. Very nice.

https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en/civitavecchia-train-station