FOR ALL YOU FIRST TIME CRUISERS

RacerBC

My Girlfriend sent me the link to this message thread. I have to say it is 100% accurate and hysterical. Racer, kudos to you! I signed up on this board just to say THANK YOU!

I am an advid Carnival Cruiser. Been on 14 cruises over the last 15 years and every cruise with the exception of one was on Carnival.

I do not think anything that Racer mentioned is out of line. People who took offense to his posts should probably not cruise on Carnival and pick a geratric cruise line instead.

It is true what was said, you make of your cruise what you want to make of it. If you want to have fun have fun,. If you want to find faults then lock yourself up in your room and sulk.

Ok and I admit it, before I go on any cruise, I slip my CD of caribbean music into the CD player and crank up that dreaded song "Hot Hot Hot" he is right.. It gets overplayed but you can't help singing it over and over in your head!

The lounge chair issue especially has always been a problem on EVERY Carnival Cruise I was on. You would think that they would have solved this issue a long time ago.

As far as the rude people who line jump, shame on them. If it bothers you that much, tap them on the shoulder and remind them that they do not own the ship. I do !

Remember, you only live once.. ENJOY YOUR LIFE and if you keep complaining, GET ONE!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fascination 5/10:

Heh, guys....

Seems like we're getting our feathers ruffled here over NOTHING! I think we all need a cruise so we can RELAX!! icon_smile.gif

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Fascination 5/12/03

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Chris (cruisingislife) is the only one that seems to be taking this too serious. Have no idea why.. I guess I'll never get an invite to post anything on his website huh ??

Racer, I'll bring the Hawaiian Tropic, you bring the daiquiris!

Bird - Jose, eh? !Que rico! !Que fabuloso!

Oops, we shouldn't get silly out here. We're supposed to go to the Floataway Lounge for that. Everybody, wipe those smiles off NOW!!

And tell me...hmmm...I've got one! Tell me again how to get a little hole punched in my sign and sail card???

There, that'll make em happy.

Glory 6/5 - 4 snorkel trips!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Racer very, very funny! I laughed reading your whole post and I LOVE Carnival!

Carnival Paradise 08/99

Carnival Pride 05/02

RCCL Sov of Seas 11/02

Carnival Legend 04/03

Grand Princess 11/03

Celebrity 01/04

Carnival Conquest 05/04

Ruffled feathers brings to mind one of CCL's other songs of the sea "THE CHICKEN SONG".

Racer i want a signed copy of volume II.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;05;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

5/16 Destiny/life is short/take a long cruise

I also loved the post!!! Too funny. I'll be going on my first Carnival Cruise this year and it sounds like so much fun. As for the chair hogs they are also legendary on the RCCL ships. I should send this link to some of my friends who are going on their first cruise with me this October.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Izzy

cat2_anm.gif

Until Carnival Pride:

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;17;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Roll Call Explorer 5-23

Roll Call Pride 10/17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CruisingIsLife:

Have fun and enjoy the board<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really do enjoy reading your posts Chris.. High Fives!

See there.. we can all be friends.

Racer, I think you should pick a date to sail in the furture and let us all know when that is and I think we would all nominate you to be our Cruise Director.

I just LOVE this thread. One of the best on the board!

Accurate, ironic, totally wrong,funny,pitiful,

sad but true,insulting or just livid with astonishment.

Amazing how it was interpeted by so many people. The sad part of this is he was trying to be funny while telling the truth. There is more fact here than fiction. While some may make a mountain out of a molehill, the molehill is still there.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;07;19;13;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we sail on the Zuiderdam

Til we sail on the Mariner of The Seas RCL

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;3;7;12;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until we sail on the Disney Wonder

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2003;10;09;12;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500

til we sail the ms Maasdam

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;05;29;11;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I have been on one Carnival cruise (Destiny) and just booked my second one on Victory.

As I read this post, I was laughing so hard that my DH had to see what I was reading! I love Carnival!

To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive.

Robert Louis Stevenson

You know, after reading this thread I went and placed the following post in another section of this board. Thought you would all be interested.

This is how it is on Carnival.. No other cruise lines does this kind of stuff. Another reason why they are called "The Fun Ship". Racer is correct when he says a cruise is what you make it. People who would complain about stuff like the below really do need to "get a life"

Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------

I was on the Triumph about 3 years ago. The cruise director on the first evening called this couple up on stage. They were celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary.

The cruise director made the husband a deal. That was every time he, the cruise director, made the announcement over the PA system that the weather in Cozumel, a port that we weren't even stopping at by the way, was... (whatever the weather report was) the husband had to get down on one knee and scream out at the top of his lungs "Martha, I love you with all my heart and I cherish every day I am with you" no matter what time of the day or night it was and no matter what they were doing. And for going along with this if the husband kept it going ALL week, his wife, Martha, would win a diamond bracelet.

WELL, the entire week was hysterical. The cruise director would make his announcements several times a day and at the end of the announcements he would give the weather report for Cozumel. THEN you would hear this voice screaming out "Martha, I love you with all my heart and I cherish every day I am with you". Passengers would cheer and clap etc. it was great

It would happen in the morning, all during the day, during the dining hours etc. The funny thing was that there were a lot of passengers that did not attend the first night introduction by the cruise director so they had no idea what was going on.

On the last night of the cruise when the cruise director was going over the things for getting off the ship he did the Cozumel weather one last time and sure as hell here was Martha's husband screaming out his verse.

The cruise director called them down on stage and not only gave Martha a diamond bracelet but also gave them a free cruise.

Without a doubt the best thing I have ever seen on a cruise.

Actually there is some humor in Racers post....

But maybe I misunderstood.

I thought RacerBC, was the one complaining about fellow passengers who were below you, animated figures, Chair Hogs, etc...etc...

Personally I love Carnival.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

(2) If you are looking for that quiet serenity cruise. FORGET IT. Carnival Cruise lines is known for PARTYING! Why do you think they call it the "Fun Ship� At 5:00pm on the day you leave, do not be surprised to hear the main horn blow and "Let's get ready to rumble" being blasted all over the ship. Better yet go up to the pool deck and count how many sh*t faced people have already spent there weekly allowance on alcohol and are already dancing to "Hot Hot Hot". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In 10 Carnival Cruises, I've never heard the words "Let's get ready to rumble" announced all over the ship, or anywhere for that matter.

I think your post might scare off potential cruisers....because a lot of it is Not True.

<U>The part about HOT HOT HOT..is 100% True....LoL</U>

The untold want, by life and land ne'er granted, Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find."

Caribe I 10/89 (aka Regal Empress)

Celebration 10/94

Britanis (Sank in 2000) 11/95

Inspiration 9/96

Regal Empress 4/97

Dolphin IV 11/97

Regal Empress 5/98

Celebration 9/98

Jubilee(Alaska) 9/99

Regal Empress 12/99

Imagination 10/00

Fantasy 12/00

Jubilee 10/01

Regal Empress 02/02

Norwegian Sea 10/02

Carnival Legend 11/02

Carnival Fasination 3/03

Carnival Triumph 11/15/03

Carnival Triumph 10/04

Let's not go down that road again! I thought it was decided yesterday that this thread was written somewhat "tongue-in-cheek" and was meant to be funny.

If people can't see the humor in it, maybe we Carnival lovers are better off if they choose another ship! icon_razz.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Fascination 5/12/03

Ward 189,

Wow! If only we didn't have our 2 1/2 yr old DS with us, you'd be hearing my cracked voice too! Our first cruise on the 05/09/04 Elation. These stories are making me go down to the pier right now!! Any other stories like these? Keep going with this thread folks....

Hi everyone

I am a newbie on this board and I came across discussion for first time carnival cruisers and started reading it. I had to stop, print it out and while eating dinner, I read each and every post one by one to my husband.

We could not stop laughing. In fact we could not eat our stomachs were hurting so much. My husband actually had his sprint running out of his nose he was laughing so much.

RacerBC I need to commend you for starting this discussion. The way you described those things hysterical.

I have cruised Carnival 4 times. I was on the Triumph back in 2001 and YES, right at 5:00pm over the loud speakers you heard "ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE" When I read that in Racer's post, I nearly fell off my chair because when it happened for real to us we laughed our butts off and commented "here we go!"

Everything else RacerBC said is pretty much accurate with the exception that we tried ordering room service in the mioddle of the night and our lobster tails resembled more of a BLT then anything else. BUT I have heard that if you ask for things off that are not on the room service menu they will do their best to accomodate you.

TES, they do have these large animals on some of their ships. The Elephant is right outside one of the nightclubs on the Fascination. The guys with the video cameras to catch people in the stragest way and they DO play those daily videos on the TV. In fact you can even buy the week long video if you want.

He hit on every point even the none Carnival stuff like almost falling over in your shower at home after your cruise.

Personally I take no offense to anything he wrote. I love sailing on Carnival. I have ALWAYS had a great time and I do not let the rude people bother me. The "chair hoarding" yup always happens exactly like he explained it. The sitting on the commode and flushing it part made us cry with laughter. My husband tried it once. He did one of those " I wonder what would happen if you flushed the toilet while sitting on it with ALL THIS SUCTION" He ahd the red marks on his legs.. SO SO funny..

Excellent topic and I hope many other people read it and also read between the lines.

Racerbc, you should apply for a comedians position on the ship. I can't wait for the "First Time Carnival Cruisers" Part II

I don't know how I missed all this stuff on all my Carnival cruises! icon_confused.gif

Yes, Carnival does have chair hoggers, but if you think Carnival is the only cruiseline who has them, you are mistaken. icon_wink.gif

I've seen #13 -- he was one of our tablemates on RCI's Enchantment of the Seas. He won the belly-flop contest.

As for #14, it was only $377 on the Enchantment (7 nights)! EXCUSE me, but I had only dieted for a few months before that cruise, NOT three years, thank you very much! icon_biggrin.gif

My first impression, RacerBC, before I read the rest of this thread was that you had just gone on your first cruise and thought you now had a wealth of knowledge to share with everyone. Of course, I now know you just have a wicked sense of humor and are having some fun.

But, I have one question . . . how the heck did you get them to bring you LOBSTER? I can't even get them to bring me chips and salsa!

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

Hey Anna,

First thanks for your kind words, second, I wanna hang with YOU guys. Your husband sounds like a hoot. Actually going out of his way wanting to try the sitting on the commode and flushing thing. Having sprite coming out of his nose! You seem like the perfect couple to have at your dinner table on a cruise, maybe not at a fancy resturant, but on a cruise or a comedy club icon_smile.gif Ok, let's go to a fancy resturant and shake em up a bit, I'll buy the sprites.

I promise to post Part II soon.

Hi Cruisemom,

To answer the lobster tail question, YES I did get lobster tails ONCE. Someone told me that if you really beg at 4:00 in the morning to the person who answers the phone and handles room service you can get lobster tails. Just keep saying "but I was told I can get lobster tails". repeat that 4-5 times and you will get your lobster tails.

Hey by the way how is that DIET coming along? icon_smile.gif

I am sailing on the Glory 2 weeks after you come back. Please return and tell us what it was like ok ?? Happy Sailing!

Archived