FOR ALL YOU FIRST TIME CRUISERS

RacerBC

Hi Ward,

That was a GREAT story! I firmly believe that the Cruise Director sets the tone of the atmosphere on the ship. Doing things like what he did got everyone involved in a weeklong joke. THAT IS AWESOME!.

I was on a cruise where they hid an index card for a 1-carat diamond ring on the ship and all week gave clues where it was. It turned the entire ship into one gigantic treasure hunt. The hints were not easy but the card ended up taped under one of the tables in the main dining room. On the last night the person who found the card redeemed it for the 1-carat diamond ring.

AND YES THIS HAPPENED ON CARNIVAL!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sallyb:

I have been on one Carnival cruise (Destiny) and just booked my second one on Victory.

As I read this post, I was laughing so hard that my DH had to see what I was reading! I love Carnival!

To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive.

Robert Louis Stevenson

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEY, I Told you all.. Look at Sallyb's website

http://www.wessb.com/Cruise/

Bottom left hand picture.. A TOWEL MONSTER! and she posted it with all her cruise pictures.

Did I not say it ??

(18) TRUE and the cabin Stewarts are very good at this art if I must say so myself. In fact look at most former cruisers Carnival Pictures they ALWAYS take pictures of the towel creatures!

Wow I can now replace Kreskin!

Actually Racer, you missed the other 4-6 other pictures of the towel monsters on her website.

You do not happen to know what the six numbers are that will be popping up in the Florida Lottery do you? Too Too funny and other cruisers are validating your descriptions of the Carnival oddities.

I happen to agree with Chris.

He's recently taken a Princess Cruise and from his review was apparently pleasantly surprised at everything "over there".

I fear, we've lost Chris now for good. icon_frown.gif

Maybe the STEWARDS on Princess will help him LOOSEN up. icon_wink.gif

No teens hanging out at the Pizza counter on the Glory last October. Only about 20-30 adults after the disco closed.

To a SOLO cruiser, the $399 cabin becomes a $700 cabin. I wonder if this destroys my syntax or spelling?

Only saw one "drunk" on the Glory, a middle-aged lady who just ended up having to much fun. I wonder if she just brought too many water bottles filled with booze on board?

She was a travel agent and argued with her husband constantly. I won't even tell you what state they were from out of respect to the Original Poster.

Never heard the "Let's get ready to rumble" EVER on 9 Carnival cruises (the 10th this Sunday on the PRIDE).

This is probably what happens when one takes altogether too many weekend "Drink 'til You Puke" cruises. Tank tops and flip flops and my bottle of "Jack". There's one on every cruise.

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I have to tell you, this posting got my cruising blood pumping so much that I had a large BBQ last weekend at my house. I read it to all my friends and now we have 9 couples who were laughing so much that have all booked a cruise this September on the CARNIVAL TRIUMPH!

Seven of the couples have never cruised before but they commented that if 50% of RacerBC's outline of what happens on a Carnival is for real, we are going to have a BLAST!

I follow Racer's posts and I see he leaves on the Glory in a few weeks. That group looks they are going to have a ball. Maybe I can convince him to sail with us in September.

• 11 months later...

RacerBC, first time cruiser and board newbie here. That was, by far, the funniest thing I have read in quite a while! If my first cruise (Inpsiration 10/10) is half of that DH & I will have a great time! Just what we need to celebrate our 15th anniv. Really can't wait!!!:D

I love Carnival AND the partying till late! Stupid people, drunk people, and goober people make me laugh. They're entertainment! :D I can see why Chris was worried that Carnival gets a bad rap (although that's why I like it;) ) and am sure he wasn't just trying to be a grump, as I have found him to be very helpful and nice.:)

I was on the Triumph about 3 years ago. The cruise director on the first evening called this couple up on stage. They were celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary.

The cruise director made the husband a deal. That was every time he, the cruise director, made the announcement over the PA system that the weather in Cozumel, a port that we weren't even stopping at by the way, was... (whatever the weather report was) the husband had to get down on one knee and scream out at the top of his lungs "Martha, I love you with all my heart and I cherish every day I am with you" no matter what time of the day or night it was and no matter what they were doing. And for going along with this if the husband kept it going ALL week, his wife, Martha, would win a diamond bracelet.

WELL, the entire week was hysterical. The cruise director would make his announcements several times a day and at the end of the announcements he would give the weather report for Cozumel. THEN you would hear this voice screaming out "Martha, I love you with all my heart and I cherish every day I am with you". Passengers would cheer and clap etc. it was great

It would happen in the morning, all during the day, during the dining hours etc. The funny thing was that there were a lot of passengers that did not attend the first night introduction by the cruise director so they had no idea what was going on.

On the last night of the cruise when the cruise director was going over the things for getting off the ship he did the Cozumel weather one last time and sure as hell here was Martha's husband screaming out his verse.

The cruise director called them down on stage and not only gave Martha a diamond bracelet but also gave them a free cruise.

Without a doubt the best thing I have ever seen on a cruise.

I know I'm only about a year late for this comment, but was the Cruise Director Corey Schmidt? Sounds like his shtick. I've had him twice and he's my favourite so far. Though I hear he's onto other adventures now (and I also heard his birds died :( ).

Racer does have a good point... There is a type of person or family that stands out on every cruise, we look for them and we laugh... these are the ones that you see on T.V. all cruise, First in line for everything and if late to an event they will let you know they are late LOL... The guy with the Trophy wife and 10 kids.... what a riot !!!

I read this post last year before my first cruise and thought it was great! It was just as good to read it all over again.

BTW, I don't normally flush while sitting on the commode but your advice was taken to heart and I made sure to let my traveling buddy know too. I almost didn't, just to see if she did it :D

Thanks for bringing this post back!

I also thought your post was hilarious.I have never cruised before and could actually picture the things you were talking about just from other posts I have read on this board. I been wanting to go on a cruise for as long as I can remember.We will be sailing on the Valor on September 25th (why don't you join us) You sound like such a fun person. I think if someone is going to spend the money, and take the time and effor to plan a cruise that they should make the most of it. Have a great time and let thier hair down. Who wants to be stuck on a ship with a bunch of fuddy-duddies? I hope that we have a bunch of people like you on our cruise because it will make our experience that much more enjoyable. I think that the people who have a problem with your post need to go visit a nursing home instead of take a cruise!!!

Thanks for the laugh

lynyrd

As a first-timer; Great tongue-in-cheek post Racer!!

In my humble opinion (notice rookie-like non-use of common board acronymns), I believe comments such as "I hope new cruisers don't take this literally, I hope this doesn't spoil a first-time cruiser's belief that they will have fun, etc etc" could be construed as slightly demeaning those of us who are new to the game.

Or; maybe it's just the way I am taking them and I am way off target, who knows. We'll have fun, regardless of the $399 they charge for towels they fold up like animals!

Thanks Racer for that post! We will be taking our first cruise on the Miracle in August with two teenagers and I am already laughing thinking what a great time we will have! From your tips I am pretty sure we picked the right cruise line!:D What fun is vacation if you can't have lots of laughs!!??;) Susan

• 3 years later...

Archived