Reassuring?

govanguy

11 minutes ago, govanguy said:

I saw that...not really assuring to me.  Doesn't sound like they're planning to cancel or offer anything better than FCC, which as discussed in another thread, is not cutting it with prices sky-high.  They're asking for nearly double for my same cruise on a different date.  Feels like extortion - we'll keep your money, and you can use it to rebook a cruise - but we're charging you MUCH more for the same thing.  Only way that really works is to offer the same thing already books - most similar itinerary, same cabin class, same perks.

1 minute ago, smogfarmgirl said:

I saw that...not really assuring to me.  Doesn't sound like they're planning to cancel or offer anything better than FCC, which as discussed in another thread, is not cutting it with prices sky-high.  They're asking for nearly double for my same cruise on a different date.  Feels like extortion - we'll keep your money, and you can use it to rebook a cruise - but we're charging you MUCH more for the same thing.  Only way that really works is to offer the same thing already books - most similar itinerary, same cabin class, same perks.

I don't disagree with what you're saying but in these cases patience is key. We book with both US and UK TA's depending on who is offering the best deal at the time. Last year we were given a significant FCC voucher in UK pounds sterling. All good but when I looked at itineraries we wanted to take the US deals were better devaluing the voucher. That was annoying. 

But I knew if I waited and had some flexibility a bargain cruise would present itself and I could then apply the FCC to make it an even better deal. I only had to wait a couple of months. 

So in short I'd create a list of cruises that you'd be happy to take and wait. In time something will come up I'm sure. I know they'll be an awful lot of FCC vouchers floating around right now and Celebrity are very predictably trying their luck with price hikes but in time I'm sure you'll find a deal you're happy with. 🙂 

• Like 1