just in news about Nieuw Statendam

Ine

Sorry, once we disembarked at 4:15 yesterday, we picked up our car and drove home. 

Overall, Holland America did a great job and the crew couldn't have been more gracious.  The Captain and his staff did a great job of keeping us informed and kept everything positive. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, nofocruiser said:

Sorry, once we disembarked at 4:15 yesterday, we picked up our car and drove home. 

Overall, Holland America did a great job and the crew couldn't have been more gracious.  The Captain and his staff did a great job of keeping us informed and kept everything positive. 

Thank you for posting.  With all the negativity on the boards right now, your positive report is most welcome.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OhioLair said:

Sadly Broward County wasn't "Just doing their job", the case had already been signed off on by the CDC (Center for Disease Control, the BIG Boys and Girls in charge) all Broward County was doing was wasting a test and trying to look important.  IF it had been COVID19, the damage would have been done by the remaining 1800 passengers who had already disembarked.  

CDC looks at a very big picture, but if they happen to fail in their oversight, it's the local communities who are left to manage any mess. 

OhioLair, I am not particularly talking about this incident in Broward County, as I have no idea if they are bumblers or not, but just in general, I would look to my local government to be more protective of my own community.

And I am so sorry for all travelers right now who are going through so many difficulties.  It's like the world has turned upside down.

I was on the ship yesterday morning and disembarked about 8:15 or 8:30 a.m. to catch a flight I would have missed if I got caught on board.  The ship was sparkling clean 24/7 and the staff always gave (very friendly, but repeated reminders about  washing up before they would allow you to eat.  They would stop you if you did not wash or use sanitizer.  The ship's concern and cleanliness was the best I ave ever seen.

Hooray for HAL!  Thanks for keeping us safe and healthy

• Like 4