Canceled cruise still showing up in planner?

chefchick

I’m sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere...my 4/25 Panorama Cruise was canceled and I filled out the form for full refund days ago.  Like most of you I didn’t receive any sort of confirmation email, (just a quick confirmed notation message on screen).  I did take a screen shot of the form for “my records”.  My questions are: I know it says in the original cancelation email that pre paid beverage packages, excursions, etc will automatically be refunded, but they still show up on my planner and it looked like there was a option to “cancel” them. Do I need to do that?  Also, when I log on to Carnival.com my cruise planner/manager still states “ 15 days till your cruise” although it is obviously canceled and I have requested a refund.  Is that normal?  Are others like that as well?

i realize I may never see my money again, but I want to make sure they don't use my ignorance of proper procedure as an excuse.  I do not have a PVP to ask...I booked myself online and wait times are frustratingly long so I am hoping someone here can help. 

My March cruise, cancelled by Carnival, stayed in my Cruise Manager for days and days.  It did eventually disappear.

The one item Carnival is supposed to refund to me has not yet been refunded.  I did not take any action to cancel it.

All other monies I paid were applied, in 2 separate transactions, to the replacement cruise I booked.

I think having asked for a full refund you are now probably in a waiting mode.  Other posters have indicated they were told it could take up to 90 days.  Read some of the other threads dealing with cancellations for a clearer picture.

1 hour ago, chefchick said:

I’m sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere...my 4/25 Panorama Cruise was canceled and I filled out the form for full refund days ago.  Like most of you I didn’t receive any sort of confirmation email, (just a quick confirmed notation message on screen).  I did take a screen shot of the form for “my records”.  My questions are: I know it says in the original cancelation email that pre paid beverage packages, excursions, etc will automatically be refunded, but they still show up on my planner and it looked like there was a option to “cancel” them. Do I need to do that?  Also, when I log on to Carnival.com my cruise planner/manager still states “ 15 days till your cruise” although it is obviously canceled and I have requested a refund.  Is that normal?  Are others like that as well?

That was the cruise we were booked on 😔. We cancelled 1st week of March & up until last week was still receiving "hey your cruise is coming up, wanna buy a drink package or excursion" email.  We had an excursion booked but received an email probably a day or 2 after canceling that the excursion had been cancelled & a refund would be issued (that took 2 weeks to get).  If memory serves I believe it took at least a day or 2 for the actual cruise to clear out of our planner. 

Carnival officially notified us they canceled our 4/10 cruise on 3/20.  A few days later I canceled our shore excursions and internet plan because I was curious to see if it would trigger the refund.  I did get an email the next day showing we canceled the shore excursions but nothing about the internet plan but all were gone from the booking.  No refund for those yet.  We just decided last week to request a refund for the cruise instead of trying to rebook since Carnival doesn't have a comparable itinerary in the next couple years.  I completed the form online a few days ago and I also kept screenshots.  The cruise still shows up in my planner and says 2 days until our cruise.  🙄

Edited by cruisemom2