Bonnie . . . is there a reason?

Baynanno1

We do realise these are difficult times and have been patient.

As the days go by we see more posts from people who have themselves cancelled cruises due to sail later than those we were due to sail on in March, which were cancelled by Azamara.

It is irksome to read that these people have already received compensation for cruises they have cancelled and we wonder :

* Why a number of people who have cancelled their cruises in mid and late May during the 60 to 90 day cancellation window under the cruise with confidence policy have already received 50% refund and 50% FCC?

References in the CRUISE CREDIT thread Posts #89 and #94 (one in USA and one unknown)

* Why we, whose 17 March cruise was cancelled by Azamara on 10 March are still waiting? Some however appear to have been luckier.

* For 28 March cruise also cancelled by Azamara on 14 March, we have received our FCC on 14 April, but no refund for fees & taxes etc.

(most curiously, I received one third and he received two thirds, not 50 / 50 as would be expected)

17 March Roll Call Post #178 writes (from San Diego area) they have cancelled the 28 March cruise on 10 March, before Azamara cancelled it 4 days later.

28 March Roll Call Post #566 same person as above  writes they have received FCC for the cruise they cancelled a week earlier (four weeks before we received ours following Azamara's cancellation)!

Post # 571 same person writes to say they have received refund for fees, taxes & Shorex to Credit Card, 12 days after they cancelled 28 March cruise!

Post #579 writes she has been fully refunded. (Alberta, Canada)

Post #585 in a post of advice to another, the poster (above) from Alberta states she is a Travel Agent.

Post #597 after intercession by yourself, Corinne lets all know she has been refunded at last following the tragic death of her husband John.

14 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Why we, whose 17 March cruise was cancelled by Azamara on 10 March are still waiting? Some however appear to have been luckier.

I was booked on the same cruise and received a full refund just over a week ago. I fear that the issue here is that you have been "patient" and Azamara sees that as an opportunity to retain your money for longer. In the UK, TAs have 14 days by law to make a refund following the holiday being cancelled. After the 14 days, and being told by Azamara it could take up to 90 days to make a refund, I informed the TA that I was starting a "small claims court" action and strangely, instead of the 90 days, they managed to get my money back from Azamara two days later. I not sure that being "patient" pays.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Baynanno1,

I realize you are frustrated, for which I am sorry. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the refund process, beyond that it is continuing, and will do so.

Stay well,

Bonnie

Thanks Bonnie.

It just really irks to see that people who have cancelled their own May cruises have been refunded already!

On 4/19/2020 at 4:15 AM, BBMacLaird said:

Hi Baynanno1,

I realize you are frustrated, for which I am sorry. Unfortunately I don't know anything about the refund process, beyond that it is continuing, and will do so.

Stay well,

Bonnie

Thanks again Bonnie.

I wonder whether you have seen the thread "FCC vs. Refund . . some problems"?

Once a refund arrives, it is there to be used as desired by the cruiser/s

FCC is tied up with terms and conditions making numerous difficulties for cruisers and cannot be used as easily for a future cruise or cruises as refunded money can.

• 2 weeks later...