how to book in a difference currency / website

Coming from Europe I book my cruises in Florida, I work with a TA for many years without having any troubles

reason : the benefits are better and the adjustment of the price before final Payment which is not allowed in my country.

On our last cruise we've spoken to some people from the US who book their cruises sometimes in Asia. People told me that you need to change on the Royal website the country and you can see deals/prices from that country.

Now I booked a cruise out of Singapore  ( with my usual TA from the States ) and changed the website into country Singapore and price is a lot cheaper compared to the US website and they have at this moment a much better deal.

Question could I book directly with Royal using the Singapore phone number / website ( and cancel my TA reservation )

Would it be possible for my TA to use the Singapore currency and deals ?

this might seem an awkward question and I do not want to make it complicated but I wonder for a next cruise how we can use the benefits of a different country

thank you

stay safe

4 minutes ago, fvandewouwer said:

Question could I book directly with Royal using the Singapore phone number / website ( and cancel my TA reservation )

Would it be possible for my TA to use the Singapore currency and deals ?

Very likely, yes.

Very likely no, TAs typically can only book in their local market.

Biker, who would do the same if the incentives over US prices/rules are good enough.

Edited by Biker19

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who would do the same if the incentives over US prices/rules are good enough.

thanks for your reply, I am sorry but I don't understand your last phrase, suppose difference is more than 500 usd and extra obc of 200 and the total price of the cruise is 2600 that is a big difference.... or am i missing something

4 minutes ago, fvandewouwer said:

thanks for your reply, I am sorry but I don't understand your last phrase, suppose difference is more than 500 usd and extra obc of 200 and the total price of the cruise is 2600 that is a big difference.... or am i missing something

Yep, for that much diff I would do it as well, but in that same scenario for $200 diff, I would not. You also need to worry about exchange rate changes (is it going in a certain direction) and how far out from the sailing you are (I wouldn't book it outside final payment).

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You also need to worry about exchange rate changes (is it going in a certain direction) and how far out from the sailing you are (I wouldn't book it outside final payment).

we always have the exchange rate from US to Euro in this case the Singapore dollar works in our favor. cruise is in

October ( 2 cruises ) I just booked them, I know maybe a bit crazy. the Singapore deal is also with a refundable deposit, I had to pay for that with my TA so the difference is even bigger ( I do not see a refundable offer through the US Royal website ) 

at the other hand I work with her for many years this makes it all a little uncomfortable

8 minutes ago, fvandewouwer said:

I do not see a refundable offer through the US Royal website

You have to go through the booking process all the way to the end(just before payment) before you see the refundable option.

If this is for the 10/19 sailing of Quantum I'm seeing only about $150 savings between booking in Singapore and US for X GTY cabin with D+ discount. Am I missing something?

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

You have to go through the booking process all the way to the end(just before payment) before you see the refundable option.

If this is for the 10/19 sailing of Quantum I'm seeing only about $150 savings between booking in Singapore and US for X GTY cabin with D+ discount. Am I missing something?

yes it is for the 10/19 sailing and the 10/7 sailing

if i check the 10/19 sailing and go all the way till the payment page I get for a 4D cabin ( and we are D+ to )

Room 1(Non Refundable Deposit) price 2021.54 us' I cannot see the refundable rate ! ' and no 3D cabins

my TA added  extra 200 usd to make it a refundable booking and I calculated, the price  into euro's which makes 2043 euro

when I checked the Singapore side same cruise my profile suddenly 3D cabins appear

but I calculated the price of a 4D to make it the same as the US side and it says 100 dollar free on board spending

and the price is calculated to euro 1659 euro so that makes a difference of 500 euro which is 540 usd and the rate is refundable.

what should you do ?

Edited by fvandewouwer

1 minute ago, fvandewouwer said:

what would you do ?

First, I would not book now. Looking at the cabin inventory (a lot available), I don't think prices will go up. I would watch that inventory for the next month and see what happens to prices (and news about sailings from the region). I would be very weary of  the 10/7 sailing - don't know what rules will be in place for arrivals in China this far out, never mind the sailing itself.

Biker, who is considering the 10/19 sailing as well.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

First, I would not book now. Looking at the cabin inventory (a lot available), I don't think prices will go up. I would watch that inventory for the next month and see what happens to prices (and news about sailings from the region). I would be very weary of  the 10/7 sailing - don't know what rules will be in place for arrivals in China this far out, never mind the sailing itself.

Biker, who is considering the 10/19 sailing as well.

i know, about China it is a risk I take,  that is why we needed refundable prices and there is time till July  to check what to do

we do have an insurance that covers "in case you get no visa" so we could take that risk

but the price my TA gave is definitely not correct I can see that now.

Have a great weekend

who knows we might see each other on this cruise

from Belgium

stay safe

• Thanks 1