Do you think the 2021 Alaska cruise season will go ahead.

portcbob

On 4/20/2020 at 5:44 PM, portcbob said:

Hi all Alaska cruisers.

We were coming from Aussie for our bucket list trip to Alaska/Canada this May/June however were cancelled out with the pandemic after literally years of preparing for our trip.

We have been issued with fcc’s in return and are considering an attempt for the same period in 2021.

Just wondering how confident you guys are about the 2021 sailing season going ahead. Don’t get us wrong we are positive people but just wanting some opinions please. Due to book soon with holland America.

Cheers Bob.

Hi Bob. I am the eternal, though cautious, optimist.

I just put a deposit down on a September 2021 Alaska land & cruise tour. But I do not plan to pay anything else until there is a vaccine. I am more concerned about getting on a plane with “canned air”, than I am about boarding a cruise ship.  And I have a great deal less time on a plane than you do.

My final payment is not due until June 2021, so I am hoping a vaccine is available & well tested by then.

Ann

• Like 1

Thanks Ann. 

We are considering booking June, 2021 with a refundable deposit and see how things go, however won't pay finals to we ensure things are all good or a vaccine is available.

Cheers Bob.

• Like 1

Our cruise (1 week) was part of a 3.5 weeks trip in July 2020. I could not stand the uncertainty so have just emailed to them all saying please move our booking (much of which is already paid for) to July 2021, and they have all done so - apart from the Mayflower Park Hotel in Seattle which just cancelled us, saying ask for new rates next year, huh. So I guess I will take the 125% FCC and book the same cruise in 2021.

SO I trust the cruise will be running? If it is not the entire travel industry will be dying surely?