Normal (non-COVID/Coronavirus) Cancellation Policy After Paid in Full

cruiser82

I’m planning a family cruise on the Divina for March 2021. Two family members sharing a cabin ended up paying the full cruise amount when making the booking online instead of just the deposit due to not fully understanding the website. They haven’t reached out to me yet about cancelling the cruise due to being scared about everything that’s going on but they are first time cruisers so I want to be prepared in case they do ask. I know you can cancel the cruise up to 90 days before the final payment date and receive a full refund but is that only if you haven’t paid for the cruise in full? I’m not sure if the fact that the cruise is already 100% paid for changes anything as far as if they can still cancel without penalty even if we’re well outside the 90 day period.

Thank you in advance!

Everything should be refunded that has already been paid, if a cruise is cancelled before the 90 day deadline. You do need to call MSC to cancel a cruise. And due to all the drama going on, the refunds are taking longer than usual, even for a "normal" cancellation. I have cancelled cruises in the past and received the funds back onto my credit card within a week. I did cancel a cruise for October 2020 last week and was told it would take up to 60 days to see the funds on my cc.

17 hours ago, cellfree said:

Everything should be refunded that has already been paid, if a cruise is cancelled before the 90 day deadline. You do need to call MSC to cancel a cruise. And due to all the drama going on, the refunds are taking longer than usual, even for a "normal" cancellation. I have cancelled cruises in the past and received the funds back onto my credit card within a week. I did cancel a cruise for October 2020 last week and was told it would take up to 60 days to see the funds on my cc.

Thank you! I’m not looking forward to them having to call MSC if they do decide to cancel but I will say the last time I called was pretty painless.

5 hours ago, Até said:

I cancelled a US booked cruise in mid March that I had paid in full.  The refund for total amount paid was sent for "processing"....

Can you please let me know how this goes? I hope you get your refund soon.