HOW ABOUT A CRUISE WITH NO STOP’S

DAN 60

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

That's why we always get a balcony cabin. We had a rough couple of days coming back to Southampton in February on Oceana,  but we had plenty of room to read, watch TV, have a drink or three(!) in our cabin, and we could always watch the waves!  When we did walk (totter) through the ship, we couldn't believe how many people were sitting around, crammed together- everyone looked so miserable.

Even in good weather, if you have 4 or 5 sea days, you need a balcony.  I don't go on a cruise to feel like a vagrant, trying to find somewhere to put my worldly possessions!

Yes, we always get a balcony cabin or suite, for the same reasons, but the seats in them aren’t the most comfortable for prolonged periods and the TV’s are rubbish, with the exception of Britannia. Like you, we spend quite a bit of time in our cabin, so the natural light and outlook of a balcony cabin are vital to us, but I still feel like a bit of a prisoner in one and like to wander, hence why I’m not a great fan of sea days. As I say, we love port days when we can explore somewhere different in the morning, return to the ship for a late lunch and then enjoy the tranquility of the ship until the masses return! Sea days, especially when people aren’t outside sunbathing and the inside is packed, aren’t our idea of relaxing holidays, but I know that we are in a minority with that view. 

I mainly cruise for the experience of waking up somewhere new virtually every day but I'd potentially be tempted by a cruise around the sea  if they released the daily horizon sheet in advance to show what is going off on board.   

I'd want full confidence that there's a busy entertainment schedule where there's always something happening before booking for one with no ports of call.

Including the drinks in the price wouldn't go amiss either as with every day being a sea day i'd drink a fair bit more than i normally do.