HOW ABOUT A CRUISE WITH NO STOP’S

DAN 60

Plus, if there should be an outbreak, you’re not on holiday, you’re in a floating prison, confined to your cabin till ... who knows?

I wouldn’t want to work in the sick bay of a cruise ship, would you.

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, DAN 60 said:

doctors certificate,

You will never get such a thing. A lawsuit waiting to happen.

Plus it would be a meaningless piece of paper, valid until the moment you left the surgery.

• Like 1

i had the same thought when we thought our Oceana Malta cruise in July was going to be cancelled.  We did wonder if they would offer us the cruise with no stops but lots of benefits onboard.  I would have done it if it meant 2 weeks in the sun!  as it is we have moved our cruise to a later date.

32 minutes ago, DAN 60 said:

Once all passengers are temperature tested virus certificated and have their doctors certificate, plus travel insurance, then why not a sea cruise with no stop’s.

No thanks. Boring as hell. 2 sea days in a row is about my limit. Did a 6 day transatlantic and was very bored. Besides, being tested wouldn’t be any good as passengers could be infected since the test and incubating, which isn’t detectable. All passengers would need to be vaccinated and then, if that’s the case, there’s no need for the ship to remain at sea!

Much as we love sea days I don't think we could handle 2 weeks either. We once sailed to Egypt with just a half day stop on route so were sailing 3 days, then 4 and a half without any ports. Even with the half day ashore we couldn't wait to get off in Port Said.

32 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I'd be up for that, might want to go into territorial waters though. Could go to Norway, see the fjords without getting off.  Elsewhere around Europe and the UK I'm sure there must be some scenic anchorages that have wonderful views.

I'd certainly consider looking at the fjords from the balcony or , fingers crossed a sun bed. We take(took😪) several holidays a year. Sometimes if the hotel is a good one we don't leave it.

• Like 1

Depends on ship. 6 days QM2 transatlantic my idea of hell could not wait to get off. 33 days Arcadia Fremantle to Southampton had a ball and did not want to get off. Before the usual suspects wade in I travel with my 79 year old father who has health issues and just enjoys being on the ships. He had joined the navy at 15 for 4 years leaving when he decided it was not the life he wanted to raise a family.  My sister on the other hand is not a fan of sea days. To each their own. 

• Like 2

Personally l do love sea day’s, maybe 7 day’s from Southampton and back, you Can’t fly anyway.

OK the hole thing my be a bit tongue in cheek, but what about half price, now your thinking.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DAN 60 said:

Personally l do love sea day’s, maybe 7 day’s from Southampton and back, you Can’t fly anyway.

OK the hole thing my be a bit tongue in cheek, but what about half price, now your thinking.

Having been stuck in the house for 5 weeks 7 days meandering around on a nice cruise ship with a drinks package and speciality dining looking at the dolphins............without moaners on board. Bliss.

• Like 5

I would definitely be up for a 7 night no port cruise if the price was right. I totally love the cruise ship experience and as others have said, a mix of both is better, but in my opinion, a no stop cruise is better than nothing at all. Especially if it was able to cruise to warmer places and anchor offshore with a nice view. The Fjords would be lovely in the summer months. Perfect!

Also, as Andy said, the good company makes the cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clipper Chick said:

Depends on ship. 6 days QM2 transatlantic my idea of hell could not wait to get off. 33 days Arcadia Fremantle to Southampton had a ball and did not want to get off. Before the usual suspects wade in I travel with my 79 year old father who has health issues and just enjoys being on the ships. He had joined the navy at 15 for 4 years leaving when he decided it was not the life he wanted to raise a family.  My sister on the other hand is not a fan of sea days. To each their own. 

Just proves that we are all different and being different makes the world go around we love QM2 and the Transatlantic experience on her we should have been doing roundtrip next Wednesday and are gutted we are not going as we both love her and the experience.

• Like 1

Apologies if I annoyed/upset people with my posts yesterday. Frustration with the lock down and too much wine really. Still, no excuse.

A cruise to nowhere wouldn't appeal to us. Whilst we like(d) the whole cruise experience, visiting and exploring new places is the main reason we cruise.

Could be back to driving to the South of France for us in the future.

• Like 1

Having spent 18 days on a cruise ship with no stops due to the COVID 19 virus I would say no. You can take temperatures on Day 1 and someone develops the virus on Day 3. The other scary thing is that cruise ships dont have the medical faciilities of a hospital.

44 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Just proves that we are all different and being different makes the world go around we love QM2 and the Transatlantic experience on her we should have been doing roundtrip next Wednesday and are gutted we are not going as we both love her and the experience.

Sorry you are missing your cruise. QM2 is a beautiful ship just not my cup of tea.

10 minutes ago, Clipper Chick said:

Sorry you are missing your cruise. QM2 is a beautiful ship just not my cup of tea.

That is fair enough it would be a funny old world if we all liked the same thing.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 1