Tauck Cancels thru July

mauimary

We received a call this am from Tauck. Our July Rhine  River Cruise has been cancelled.  We have been waiting for that call.  Like everyone else we are disappointed not to be traveling anywhere.  It feels so strange not to be doing any planning or researching on anything now.  Unfortunately we had to cancel this same cruise two years ago with Tauck when I ended up having surgery two weeks prior to leaving home. Luckily we had third party insurance on that trip. Like the agent said “third times a charm”. I sure hope so. 

We have elected to get our large deposit back. We will wait and see what happens in the next year.  

That’s interesting. The website still says the cutoff date is July 15. Not surprising, though. I have a feeling Tauck is having trouble keeping up. We just got our Travel Wallet email this morning that was promised a month ago. I really feel for them. Our August Rhine and Moselle probably won’t go, but we’ll be looking at more trips  with Tauck in the future. They treat their guests really well. 

15 hours ago, Frncie said:

That’s interesting. The website still says the cutoff date is July 15. Not surprising, though. I have a feeling Tauck is having trouble keeping up. We just got our Travel Wallet email this morning that was promised a month ago. I really feel for them. Our August Rhine and Moselle probably won’t go, but we’ll be looking at more trips  with Tauck in the future. They treat their guests really well. 

When they called us I was told they are doing it month by month. They were calling the folks that were cruising the last two weeks of July. So hang in there. August will no doubt be next.  They realize many of us can’t even get over to Europe and there also is not free movement between countries at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...