L&S Guarantee Cabin

6 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Thank you Ken.  Do you have any information on the only remaining Brilliance cruise out of Amsterdam on August 9th this year?

The cruise before it was cancelled a couple of weeks ago and the one after was cancelled yesterday.

I have to make final payment tomorrow.

Sorry, the only info I have is that it is still listed for sale.  Lots of cabins available, looks like mist have already cancelled. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry, the only info I have is that it is still listed for sale.  Lots of cabins available, looks like mist have already cancelled. 

Bet you can't see my corner aft available on deck 8 😭

3 hours ago, ukrccl_a said:

Yeah they;

Yeah they're definitely around, but not on every sailing for sure (wish that they were!) - not sure if it depends on demand for that cruise as to if they open them up!

Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 13.05.12.png

They are there, but when you go to pay, your credit card doesnt go thru. Says payment failure. I called crown and anchor and they were like oh we get these calls all the time, so I'm not the only one.

Seems like a unavailable under the gty or a little note would save them a lot of phone calls. 

Other lines allow solo gty bookings, but not rcl. Having to put in a fake person just seems like a dumb booking system to me. .. the oh it's done all the time line, yes I know. Proves it's a dumb way to me.

Edited by firefly333

firefly333, I was able to book a solo ocean view guarantee on Allure but RC can't L&S it to Odyssey properly because of glitch in their IT system. I have a cabin but that's about it.   It's been a frustrating day today.  Nearly 2 hours on the phone and I've not got anywhere.

They tell me that they do sometimes offer guarantee solo cabins close to sail date but getting a solo guarantee on a cruise which is over a year away is never going to happen.

I am told I have to wait until my cabin is assigned before they will issue me with an updated invoice.  I am waiting for a call back to see if they can assign me a cabin early.  I really don't want to wait a year before I get written confirmation of what I'm paying.

Edited by livylotte

All I ask is for written confirmation in the form of an invoice showing the correct price of my cruise. Not an unreasonable request surely?  They can't do it.  I have to wait for my guarantee cabin to be assigned.  It's a guarantee so this might not happen for a very long time.  I don't care what my cabin number is - that is why I booked guarantee but I don't think I should have to wait for a year or more for a confirmation invoice, hence 2 hours just spent on the phone today to a Manager.

He needs to get authorisation from Head Office

He will call me back asap/in a few days/this week/within 7 days.  Yes, he threw all 4 time frames into the mix. Most of the call was like this - just non specific waffle and nothingness.  I was calm, I asked all the right questions, I stuck it out for nearly 2 hours, I was determined to get a resolution but he just wouldn't deal with it. 

Why does such a tiny problem have to go all the way to Head Office?  So many layers of hierarchy, why can't an operator take ownership of a problem and sort it without having to ask someone else's permission.  What a waste of manpower.

I'll give him his 7 days and will eat my words if he does get back to me.  I'll update if I hear sooner.

Edited by livylotte