May 20 announcement question

Hello,

Does anyone happen to have a copy of refund request form, the FAQ for voyage suspensions, and any other information that was put out by Regent for the May 20 round of cancellations?  When I look at the website, all of this information is updated to reflect the latest round of cancellations from yesterday.  I would like to see what was put out for May 20.

I would also like to know if passengers who had their voyages cancelled on May 20 and had not yet paid in full, were actually required to pay in full if they wanted a refund rather than the FCC?  What I have been able to find certainly indicates that but I was not sure if they relented on that.  I can't imagine that was a very popular position.  I see that does not appear to be the case for the June 16 cancellations:

Q) What is the compensation? A) Guests who have paid in full will receive 100% Future Cruise Credit plus a Bonus 25% Future Cruise Credit, or 100% refund. The default compensation will be the Future Cruise Credits. Guests with bookings that are not paid in full will receive a 100% Refund for amounts paid for voyages canceled with the June 16th suspension.  (emphasis added)

I have read through all of the posts that I thought might have this info but didn't find anything other than some comments from Mrstanley which seem to confirm my suspicion about full payment being required in order to get a refund.  

Hi - the form that you are seeking is with your TA.  They are the intermediary between the passenger and yourself.  However, if you do not have a TA on record, you can call Regent and ask for the form to be sent to you.  Your TA (or Regent) should be able to answer y our other questions as well.

Right.  I was working on this for a client tonight after hours and thought I would ask in case anyone had it.  Also, the travel agent has already said that payment had to be made in full in order to get a refund so I was just curious if that was actually the case since it is not for the June 16 cancellations.

Aimee, I don't have the form for 20 May cancellations.  If you look at current FAQ, you can imply (and I believe to be correct) that if payment hds not been made in full you did not get 100+25% FCC and, instead, you just got your money returned.  This was moot as all cruises cancelled prior to this current set of cancellations had been past their final payment date (I know Regent delayed final payment but I think there would have been a handful at most that hadn't made final payment).  Now, there are many cruises where final payment has not been made.

I was on 23 September cruise which had a final payment date of 25 June; will be interesting to find out how many had actually made final payment.  If you were interested in getting the increased FCC it would have been beneficial to make final payment once the cruise was put on waitlist in advance of cancelling.

Hope you found what you need.

Marc

• Like 1