Aft-Staterooms on the Voyager

Kruizefan

Not Voyager-specific, but we’ve booked aft on the Mariner (same class of ship) after hearing rave reviews of those cabins. We have about a year before we sail, so I won’t be much help with first-hand opinions, but from what I’ve heard, they’re larger, sunnier, and much more sought-after than sides.

Hopefully someone who’s sailed in one will have more insight.

Sailed on the Voyager of the Seas in January, 2004. JS aft 1694. Loved it, now hooked on aft. We don't have anything bad to say about it. The balcony was huge!! Go for it!!

I had the same cabin back in December. I agree that the huge balcony was great & the view of the wake is awesome. The room itself is also bigger than the standard JS. However, you don't have as much privacy as side cabins and you can't look directly down to the water which was something I missed. The divider between our cabin and one of the neighboring cabins tapered down to the balcony rail level, so if you're looking out from the edge of the balcony you're totally visible to your neighbors. Also, you can see down on the the balconies below you (& they can see you!). I would stay away from the deck 6 aft cabins on Voyager class ships altogether - there's a large "deck" beyond the balconies that really limits your view. As with anything it's a personal preference. I would sail aft again but only in a corner cabin as they seem to be a little more private. Having said all this, being in ANY room is better than not going at all! Have a great time.

Me again....I can only speak for our particular cruise in an aft Voyager class cabin: there was no noticeable black soot on the balcony, there was no noise from the Windjammer above, we had no trouble or noise from any cabin on either side (and our room was an adjoining room, which we barely noticed) and yes, the aft cabin was longer than the other Junior Suites. The balcony was so large, that to us, it was like another room attached to our cabin. We used it more than any other living space and we both felt like we could have lived in that cabin for weeks!

The storage space is incredible, and there were many shelves that were left empty. (and we had a lot of stuff) The bathroom was a good size and the walk-in closet was a bonus. Our two large suitcases fit neatly under the bed which saved space in the closet, for other things, like my shoes and my shoes and my shoes. Did I mention my shoes?

We didn't mind that you couldn't look straight down to the water. Looking out over the ocean and everything the ship sailed by was so incredible.

I just sailed on the Radiance last month and I also had an aft cabin, corner aft 9256. The balcony was perfect for my friend and I, but much, much smaller than our aft on the Voyager. Again, I loved, loved, loved the aft and this time I could look straight down to the water. However, for me, the Voyager class was just as good even though we were able to see the other cabins below. If you are a person that is looking for a lot of privacy, a corner aft cabin on a Radiance class is definitely better. You will only have one neighbor beside you. Another point about the Voyager aft, the baloncies are sooooo deep, that if you want privacy, there is plenty of room to sit way back by your door. That way anyone below or above you, can't peek.

Next February, hubby and I will have corner aft 1400 on Freedom of the Seas! In a few more days, we'll be down to one year, 365 days and the countdown will be, once again, ON!!!!

My name is Over the Edge, and I am addicted to AFT cabins!! (and loving it!) :)

I totally agree. Here is a picture of an aft cabin on the Voyager Class. Infront of this lady there is a platform, or floor shall we say. You have to look way, way out to see the ocean. Its not the best. The higher up floors do not have this. http://community.webshots.com/photo/48328219/1069832586036355651dUpCqo

Really appreciate your posting the "aft cabin" pictures....... couldn't imagine having the one on Deck 6 (thanks for the warning)

We are on Deck 11 because I want to be on the same level as the Concierge Club :D

Archived