Labadee Location

Mark

Did any of you folks ever notice that when RCCL writes or speaks of their stop at Labadee they always call it Labadee, Hispanola? Interesting how RCCL always forgets that it is really Labadee, Haiti!!!

As far as I know, Hispanola is the name for the island where Haiti and Dominican Republic are located. Is RCCL implying that Labadee is a separate country and no longer owned by Haitit? Did RCCL purchase Labadee from Haiti? What gives with RCCL and Labadee?? I believe they always refer to CocoCay, Bahamas...:confused:

I suppose that people would be put off by Labadee, Haiti, even though it’s a nice place. You know of course that CocoCay is really Little Stirrup Cay, they just try to make things sound better. It’s marketing!

Deceptive advertising? Perhaps, but only for geographically challenged Americans. On cruises stopping in Labadee we always tell our friends we are going to Haiti. The name Haiti conjures up much more intrigue and allure than Labadee.

And, we are afraid our friends will think Labadee is part of Disneyland, and we are much to old for that. Labadee sound as though they combined la la land and tweedle dee.

We think RCCL would do just fine calling it Haiti. After all, they don't call Jamaica by any other name and people still go there. Maybe they could call it Jamadee

Deceptive, no. The island of Hispanola contains 2 countries on it, Haiti and Dominican Rupublic. Granted, saying Haiti or even better "just NW of Cap Haitian, Haiti's 2nd largest town" would make it easier to find on a map, but I don't see how using the term Hispanola is false or misleading. Maybe RCCL think the island name is more tropical sounding so they can bring more people in? If you want to talk about false or misleading, let's talk about car advertising!

It's not false of course, because the island is called Hispaniola. Maybe not "misleading".......... I guess...........:rolleyes: ,but it's pretty obvious they don't use Haiti because it might turn some people off.

Anyway, we'll be there soon and I can't wait:)

Archived