Sailed both Vista Class and RCL Oasis class?

zippyjet

Not sure if covered but who has had the good fortune to cruise/sail on a Vista Class ship and A RCL Oasis class. Due to the delayed beginning of sailings my only short for a cruise in this crazy year would be on RCL Symphony of The Seas. All my 10 cruises have been Carnival but, I always wanted to try a RCL mega Oasis ship. P,ease be honest and tell me like it is, the good, not so good and quirks of both. A compare and contrast thread. Now, if the SOS Is a reality this Sept. 19 th. It will probably the first cruise /sailing since Covid 19. Please abd Thank You.

I've sailed on Vista and Horizon as well as Allure/Oasis and Harmony of the Seas.

Totally different experiences, to be honest. Carnival's cabins are larger and it's easier to get seats at Carnival shows.

The mega ships have better crowd management and the Windjammer buffets have more food variety.

I loved both cruiselines/ship classes and can say that personally one is not better than the other. Just different.

I have cruised on the Vista and Allure of the Seas. Enjoyed both, although I agree with the above that the experience is different. I like that on the RCL ships you can reserve the shows in advance online so you can plan ahead what you wish to do each night of the cruise. By the way, if you change your mind there are usually seats available when it is opened to those without reservations 15 minutes before the show. We thought the shows on RCL were far superior to those on Carnival; on each ship they have a full-length Broadway musical (it was Mama Mia on the Allure) plus several other shows throughout the ship.  Although the Oasis class ships are huge, we found that it seldom felt crowded because there are so many different areas of activities. We have far more cruises on Carnival ships so obviously like the experience there as well. I don't think you can go wrong with either.  Like you, we are hoping cruising will resume soon. We just had our Aug. 29 sailing on the Magic cancelled so are feeling let down; it's our 3rd cruise cancellation this year. Are booked for Dec. 26 on the Mardi Gras and hoping that will actually happen.

Edited by 40yearcruiser