E DOCS vs MAILED DOCS ???

kbt2

I have always, on all my cruises had our documents sent to us in the mail. And I saw online you can choose E Docs or Mailed. And then see some posters say "E Docs is the way to go"...can you tell me what are the pro's/con's to E Doc's vs Mailed and which you prefer.

Thanks!

I am going on my first cruise on March 4th on the NOS and I choose E DOCS, they were available 3 days after I paid for the cruise. I just printed them off the site and signed my name and I was done. I find them VERY easy :)

Is that the set sail pass......???

I feel it really is a personal preference. I have done both, but now will continue to receive my docs in the mail as long as time allows. With the edocs, it was quick but I did had trouble downloading my TA's file when he sent it so I had to have him send the file in a different format. No big deal really.

However, when I heard everyone talking about receiving their luggage tags with their cabin numbers printed on them, I was jealous. Silly I know, but I also didn't have the little booklet that everyone was referring to as well. The edocs have all the same info as the RCCL booklet that is mailed to you, but to me, and this is just my personal preference, I enjoyed finding the docs in the mail, opening the package, and pulling out my little RCCL booklet and my luggage tags.

See that's me too...love the thrill of seeing my little booklet with the luggage tags, etc...inside the mailbox. Was just curious what some rave over e-docs.

Think I will keep mine checked online as wanting mailed.

Thanks

That brings up a question. If you opt for eDocs, what do you get for luggage tags? I can see some pros and cons, but I think it would just be nicer to have the "hard copy" portfolio.

Our TA told us that they would give us the tags at the port when we check in. The email docs contain everything that they send you in a hard copy, you just have to print it out. There is a luggage tag with the paperwork as well, but not sure how you would attach it. We take our own luggage on anyway, so it isn't an issue for us.

Archived