Donald says still a chance at 2020 cruising

jimbo5544

11 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

FWIW, I saw videos of large protests in London and Germany against any further lockdowns due to Covid.

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I don't think the protests in London were very popular.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/anti-lockdown-protests-united-kingdom-19-arrested/

To start with this side-topic: some of the people protesting in Germany were there to protest the restrictions being imposed.  But some were there because "I want to make sure I still have the right to protest".  So...they aren't there for that issue, they are just exercising their right to protest to "keep it in shape", like a muscle that will atrophy if you don't use it.  Weird.

Anyway, back to the original topic:

My wife and I are discussing this very point - we have final payment coming up shortly for an early-Dec cruise, and we don't really feel like tying up cashflow if Carnival is going to cancel it.  

So we are considering moving it to a future cruise, similar itinerary perhaps.

But...if the cruise actually happens, would we want to be on it?  Yes.  No.  No.  Yes. Maybe.  Yes.  No.  Wait, maybe.

It is not an easy decision for us to make: we'd probably enjoy the cruise, but what if the cruise gets denied porting at the desired destinations?  What if we get COVID-19, don't get too sick, but have to hide at home for two weeks when we return?  We have "older" parents and friends, who are fairly "at risk", even if we ourselves aren't.  What if...what if...

And then the guilt: why am I bemoaning whether I can go on a cruise - I have a job and otherwise a pretty good life, I shouldn't complain, just suck it up and carry on.

Frankly, I'm at the point where I want Carnival to cancel, making the decision for me.  The OBC will be a nice bonus, but I really just want to get rid of the cognitive dissonance I am currently experiencing.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 1