Changed one of the names on the reservation

Gma&Gpa

We have a cruise booked by Early Saver for NEXT fall.  There is a chance (not positive yet) that DH may not be able to go, because of mounting health issues (not COVID related).  If I need to change to another person in his place, has anyone done this and what did it entail, as far as cost and forfeited $$.  

2 hours ago, Gma&Gpa said:

We have a cruise booked by Early Saver for NEXT fall.  There is a chance (not positive yet) that DH may not be able to go, because of mounting health issues (not COVID related).  If I need to change to another person in his place, has anyone done this and what did it entail, as far as cost and forfeited $$.  

I have done this a few times when we booked a friend of one of my kids. Our PVP generally have been able to change the name with no cost. I have heard others say they have been charged $50. It is an easy change as long as it as it is done before final payment.

I have done it myself.  But it takes two steps.  First go in and choose your DH to modify.  Change first or last name, then save.  Go back in and change the other part of the name, and save.  When I book online, my sister is my travel partner, and they never give me a chance to enter the name of the second passenger, just list her as TBA XXXX (my last name).  Since we haven't shared the same last name for more than 50 years....  So I go in and add her first name, then go in again for the correct last name.  EM

Thanks for the replies.  I'm not concerned if they charge me $50 for the name change.   I just didn't want to find out that it could not be done and I end up forfeiting his entire cruise charge.  We don't know what will happen yet, and obviously, we have some time.  But today was the first time that he commented that he just might not be able to go, mostly for the fact of the 15 hour drive to Lauderdale.  Flying is difficult for him as airports are very hard to navigate when you can barely walk.  But even riding all those hours will be a challenge.  Still hoping he'll be able to go - but I just need to know my options, just in case.