Formal night on a 4 day cruise

Lforlisa

Shorter cruises tend to attract more 1st time cruisers, party people, a far younger group, and a more rowdy crowd sometimes. I've been on several 3-4 day cruisers - and you'll get a mix. Some will dress "to the teeth"...and others will begrudgingly put on a sundress or a pair of dockers and a polo shirt and think their dressed up.

What are the dress codes onboard?

Just click the link…..

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/lifeOnboardFaq.do;jsessionid=00003r7uyfPObwi9-KWfJ3UFI4U:v2mocc7o#8

And you’ll find…..

There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

3 to 4-night cruises include one formal night and the remainder are casual nights.

5 – night cruises include one formal and the remainder casual nights.

6 – night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder are casual nights .

7 to 9-night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and the remainder nights are casual nights.

10 to13-night cruises include two formal nights and two smart casual nights, and the remainder are casual nights.

14+ -night cruises include three formal nights and four smart casual nights and the remainder are casual nights.

We appreciate your usual parental guidance and cooperation in observing these easy guidelines with your children.

IMO no, the short cruises are not as formal as the longer ones. Done both, many times, and I see a huge differnce. That said heck with em if they can't take a joke. I dress to the nines on all cruises. I am out of the house and by GOLLY I am going to enjoy myself ;)

Just completed the four-day RCI Majesty of the Seas cruise. The formal night was the second night while we were in port at Nassau. The ship stayed until midnight so there was little incentive for passengers to remain on board for formal night rituals. Thus numerous passengers left the ship for sites such as Senor Frog's or similar.

The dichotomy between the formal set and the casual set really showed up at the show that night when a comedian performed. Most of the crowd was casually attired! Those who were in formal attire really stood out...maybe they were about a third or less of the audience.

I'm no big fan of formal nights, but I really felt for those who did dress up and especially men who rented tuxes, a considerable expense. It would have to be a disappointment to dress up (as I did, because I don't like to buck cruise ship convention even if I don't agree with it), but have so few other passengers making the effort.

The entire cruise seemed much more casual to me. On many longer cruises, you will see some passengers in cocktail attire every night, but very few seemed so inclined on this particular cruise.

Just click the link?..

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/lifeOnboardFaq.do;jsessionid=00003r7uyfPObwi9-KWfJ3UFI4U:v2mocc7o#8

And you?ll find?..

There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

3 to 4-night cruises include one formal night and the remainder are casual nights.

5 ? night cruises include one formal and the remainder casual nights.

6 ? night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder are casual nights .

7 to 9-night cruises include two formal nights, one smart casual night and the remainder nights are casual nights.

10 to13-night cruises include two formal nights and two smart casual nights, and the remainder are casual nights.

14+ -night cruises include three formal nights and four smart casual nights and the remainder are casual nights.

We appreciate your usual parental guidance and cooperation in observing these easy guidelines with your children.

I bet you just live for these moments.

Our 3 night cruise on Monarch was VERY informal IMO. The 4 night cruise on Enchantment was a little more formal but most men were in sport coats or suits with a decent measure of tuxes seen.

Normally, I wear a tux on formal nights but, after seeing the informality on Monarch, I decided just to wear a nice suit on our 4 night Enchantment. I fit in nicely and felt a little more comfortable than I do in a tux.

Archived