Backstage Tour

My fiance and I will be cruising on Mariner of the Seas for our honeymoon on May 7. She is a theater student and I'd like to surprise her with a backstage tour of the Savoy theater. I haven't been able to find any information about something like this, which leads me to believe that a special arrangement would need to be made. Has anyone heard of this before? Does anyone have any good idea as to where to mail a letter of request, or the phone number of someone to call? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Actually, on the Splendour in December, a backstage tour of the 42nd Street Theater was one of the scheduled activities offered one afternoon. Can't imagine it being unusual if it was offered on this cruise.

It included about a 15 minute discussion and Q&A with two performers and the stage manager, held down front in the theater, then a walk through the backstage areas with more discussion and Q&A. The whole thing was probably 45 minutes or so and it was very enjoyable.

I did a backstage tour on Splendour on a 7-night cruise last April. Hopefully, it will be offered on your cruise. Ours was conducted by some of the singers and dancers on board and was very enjoyable.

Maybe if you could contact the Cruise director on your ship, but I'm sorry I don't know how you would do that. Anyone else know???

Congrats on your wedding and have a very happy honeymoon!!!

Prepare a note ahead of time that you can present at Customer Relations. Include your cabin number and ask to be contacted. Give a similar note to a member of the Cruise Staff at any of the events. The more people you make aware of your request the better your chances of getting a personal tour.

Archived