I am missing cruising with Celebrity!

Larwos

We were fortunate to be on Solstice on the last cruise but one when the corona virus was just being felt all around the world, cruising from our home city, Melbourne, around New Zealand, finishing in Auckland. 

We were aware of Coronavirus, and we’re very impressed by the intense care the Captain and crew took to keep the ship clean and sanitised. Crew were constantly wiping down every surface where hands may have touched and sanitisiter was available all over the ship, not just outside the dining rooms. The crew in the Oceanview buffet dining were very careful, and after I witnessed a passenger double dipping after tasting the oatmeal, I saw the whole cauldron of oatmeal immediately thrown out and the pot sanitised. We felt as safe as it was possible to be and I’ve just read a review by a passenger who was on the following cruise, after the pandemic had been announced, who felt the same way - safe and cared for.  Thankyou to our wonderful Captain Alex and crew.  My best wishes and We look forward to your safe return to Australia. 

That said, when will we feel safe enough to cruise again?  My husband and I, who love cruising all over the world, will not be venturing to countries who have had very poor control of the virus, so will be keeping our cruising to New Zealand until the vaccine  is available. Even if we can’t go ashore, sailing again on the beautiful Solstice and staying on board I will still be worthwhile. 

How are others thinking?

In the meantime, stay safe. 

• Like 2

I am amazed at the constant cleaning during norovirus breakouts. Unfortunately, covid 19 is airborne so the perfect time for us to start cruising will be after a vaccine is released to the general public. 

Also, we are from the U.S. so our options would be limited anyway.

Edited by Marelaine

We were on a B2B2B on Eclipse in South America when it all fell apart with docking denied in San Antonio, Chile.  We should be on Eclipse again right now but alas we are at home and missing Celebrity.  I am hoping our plans for Aug and Sept on Silhouette go ahead but some days I have my doubts.

We enjoy looking at cruise videos these days and pretending we are aboard.