Ovation of the seas stateroom 10320 grand loft NZ ex Sydney

Blackada

Hi all. Looking at booking stateroom 10320 for NZ ex Sydney 2022. Any recommendations would be helpful. I understand it is a smaller stateroom with larger balcony area. Does the room feel small as opposed to the other grand loft central rooms? 
Any advice on the owners loft suite? Do you miss out of the wonderful views from this room being on starboard side of the ship? 
thanks in advance 😊

24 minutes ago, Blackada said:

Hi all. Looking at booking stateroom 10320 for NZ ex Sydney 2022. Any recommendations would be helpful. I understand it is a smaller stateroom with larger balcony area. Does the room feel small as opposed to the other grand loft central rooms? 
Any advice on the owners loft suite? Do you miss out of the wonderful views from this room being on starboard side of the ship? 
thanks in advance 😊

@Blackada

Howdy & welcome to the Cruise Critic message boards!  emo22.gif 

Thank you for starting a new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum for general questions regarding cruising. 👍 

However since your inquiry concerns a specific cruise line I have moved your thread to the Royal Caribbean International forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed Ovation of the Seas frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on the forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers about RCI and their ships that will be of interest to you.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Hi, @Blackada .  I have not sailed on Ovation but I have sailed on Anthem in GLS 10720, the equivalent of 10320. We had B2B SC suites with the first leg in 8724 and the second leg in 10720.  8724 is awesome. It’s big, open, with lots of AWE.  10720 (and 10320, I would presume) is so much smaller and was a huge disappointment after our 8 nights in 8724.  In my opinion, 10720 (and 10320) should not be SC suites.  They are Sky Class at best. The 3 balconies are a waste of space.  I would much rather have 1 big balcony than 3 tiny balconies.  The closet upstairs in 10720 is so small that we couldn’t get all of our clothes into it.  We had to put some clothes in the downstairs closet.   I would consider 10720/10320 only if they were very very cheap.  If you’re looking for the real SC experience, stick with 8724 and 8324.  The corner suites suffer from the same geometry as the Aqua Theater Suites on the Oasis class ships.  The higher you go, the smaller the rooms get because of the geometry of the superstructure. I have never been inside the OLS but I would be skeptical of it even if it slightly larger than the GLS because it is in the corner.

1 hour ago, Blackada said:

Thanks so much for the information. The size was my concern of suite 10320. Much appreciated. 

Also, with 8234 did you find that you view was restricted? Thanks 

Edited by Blackada
Typo

We had 10320 on ovation to Alaska. We previously had star loft, crown loft and aquatheater suites prior. I only say that because we were expecting something more like a star loft and it felt smaller than a crown loft. 

The loft area was very spacious. That led to a large portion of the main area being beneath the “overhang” if you will .... which made it feel smaller. I too was surprised this was star class but it was a great price for Alaska and star class. Would we book that room again? No 

We did get to check out room 8320. We booked it for Hawaii (it was cancelled) because it was insane amazing! We did not get to look in any other suites on ovation. 

Have fun!

Leanna 

13 minutes ago, SwissMiss USA said:

We had 10320 on ovation to Alaska. We previously had star loft, crown loft and aquatheater suites prior. I only say that because we were expecting something more like a star loft and it felt smaller than a crown loft. 

The loft area was very spacious. That led to a large portion of the main area being beneath the “overhang” if you will .... which made it feel smaller. I too was surprised this was star class but it was a great price for Alaska and star class. Would we book that room again? No 

We did get to check out room 8320. We booked it for Hawaii (it was cancelled) because it was insane amazing! We did not get to look in any other suites on ovation. 

Have fun!

Leanna 

Thanks Leanna. I have booked 8724. Hopefully it is everything I hope for.  My only concern is the possibility of not having great views. 
thanks 😊

16 minutes ago, SwissMiss USA said:

Have fun!

Leanna 

The royal suite looks awesome. Big $$$ though