Serenade JS or GS

Mkripke

We are booked on the members cruise on the Serenade next January. We booked a JS, my 2 questions are?

Do you think a GS is worth the extra money? We are platinum members.

Does anyone have pictures of both the Js and the GS? We just completed a members cruise on the Enchantment and had a JS, and have done owners suite and Roayl family suites on Voyager class.

Thanks

We were on the Serenade a couple of weeks ago. We had 1600 -- a grand suite on the aft. After a grand suite on the AOS last year, I was terribly disapointed in this particular cabin. The aft for us was a draw, but we realized after the first trek to the suite that it was a big mistake on our part. The balcony wasn't any bigger than any other we have had. The bathroom actually seemed smaller than the AOS grand suite. The only real perk we can see is the concierge lounge. It was very nice, but I don't think I wouold do a grand suite again. The junior suite will be more than sufficient for the two of us, even without the concierge lounge. We couldn't make up the difference in price with the drinks in the lounge. I have a couple of photos of the suite, but since it's an aft, it is probably not representative of a normal GS.

Judy

Cruised on Jewel, Serenade's sister ship a few weeks ago in a JS. It was a wonderful cabin with walk in closet, large bathroom, lots of storage, sitting area with great balcony. We were thrilled with it, have stayed in RS on Celebrity and Sky Suite also, which is the comparable to RCCL's JS. The JS wins hands down. The cabin service was outstanding. For the money the JS is the way we will always go,(have already booked same cabin on Jewel for 12/06) and in just 2 more cruises we'll have enough credits to use the much heralded "concierge lounge". We saw several Grand Suites and Owner's Suites while on Jewel and "YES" they are bigger especially the OS, but for the money I don't think either is worth it, unless of course you spend ALOT of time in the cabin and the $$ to do it. :)

Archived