Sunrise- Aft-View Extended Balcony 8N vs 8M Category?

IMKTDQT810

From looking at the ship diagram 8N Aft is on the Veranda deck (8) right below the Lido (9 Pool) deck. 8M can be one of three decks under that (7- Empress, 6-Upper or 5- Promenade). I love that food and outside activities are only one floor up but I wonder these things:

1- Can folks on the pool deck view onto your balcony?

2- Is it loud under the pool deck with chairs being moved and outdoor activities happening?

3- Are the rooms themselves any bigger in 8N then 8M?

I am looking to be booking for 2022 and knowing there aren't many Aft Extended Balconies I was thinking of making the final decision over the next few days. Thank you!

Its been a while, but I'm pretty sure that the people in the Lido restaurant can look down to your balcony, but they will only see you if you're standing at the railing.  Sizes are the same between 8M and 8N, N is just 1 deck higher.  I prefer the 8M with room above and below me for less noise

• Thanks 1

I have stayed in aft extended balconies on Dream class ships, Magic and Breeze.   They aren't the same on all classes so I have held back hoping you would get more relevant information.

No one from the Lido deck can look down onto the deck immediately below it.  The Lido overhangs a bit which also gives those balconies partial shade.  This matters in hot weather since there is virtually no breeze on aft balconies.

However each deck of those balconies can look down to the deck below.

There may be some insignificant (to us) noise from above when crew is cleaning.

I cannot address the cabin size.

The view is unparalleled.  Far wider than 180°.  Sailing from Galveston results in a generally north/south route, so out bound sunset is visible from the aft, and homeward bound the sunrise is visible.

Happy sailing.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 6:36 PM, bury me at sea said:

I have stayed in aft extended balconies on Dream class ships, Magic and Breeze.   They aren't the same on all classes so I have held back hoping you would get more relevant information.

No one from the Lido deck can look down onto the deck immediately below it.  The Lido overhangs a bit which also gives those balconies partial shade.  This matters in hot weather since there is virtually no breeze on aft balconies.

However each deck of those balconies can look down to the deck below.

There may be some insignificant (to us) noise from above when crew is cleaning.

I cannot address the cabin size.

The view is unparalleled.  Far wider than 180°.  Sailing from Galveston results in a generally north/south route, so out bound sunset is visible from the aft, and homeward bound the sunrise is visible.

Happy sailing.

Thank you SO MUCH for this information. I starting to research more ports and ships. I think I am going to book the Magic! So you adding this information is what exactly I am looking for. We have stayed in a suite ONCE and loved the larger balcony. This booking will be a special rate and the ONLY Aft Balcony they have is two left. So I held one for now...but am still trying to figure things out. We have never stayed in a aft balcony before and I have heard from some folks that it's a "one of a kind of view" so I figured why not! I know they are a bit wider not longer. The ONLY deck (of the two open to reserve) is right below the pool deck. So keeping fingers crossed that will be a good move! Anything else (of pics you might have to share) from your Magic adventure would be greatly appreciated! 

12 hours ago, IMKTDQT810 said:

Thank you SO MUCH for this information. I starting to research more ports and ships. I think I am going to book the Magic! So you adding this information is what exactly I am looking for. We have stayed in a suite ONCE and loved the larger balcony. This booking will be a special rate and the ONLY Aft Balcony they have is two left. So I held one for now...but am still trying to figure things out. We have never stayed in a aft balcony before and I have heard from some folks that it's a "one of a kind of view" so I figured why not! I know they are a bit wider not longer. The ONLY deck (of the two open to reserve) is right below the pool deck. So keeping fingers crossed that will be a good move! Anything else (of pics you might have to share) from your Magic adventure would be greatly appreciated! 

The deck directly under the pool deck is my favorite, because of the partial shade.  While you look down somewhat to balconies under you, no one can look down at you.

I wouldn't book any balcony cabin on deck 6 because of the way the exterior of deck 5 goes all the way around the ship.

The aft extended balcony will have a small table, two chairs, and a lounger.

The view of the wake is mesmerizing.  I hope you enjoy.

• Thanks 1