Monarch/Best seat in dining room?

tennislvr

I've noticed in the past few weeks that everyone says to check out your dining room selection when you board to see if you like it. I can't imagine everyone changing their seating arrangement, however, I'm not wild about the idea of sitting next to the kitchen door.

If we are given a choice, what should we look for in a nice 4-6 person table to sit at?

The Monarch has two decks which have dining. Sitting in the middle of each of the Dining Rooms has its advantages. One, you won't have as much "noise" around you, and it is easy to see the "show" the waiters/assist waiters put on for the passengers after dinner.

I would highly suggest, that after boarding, go over to the entrance of the Dining Room and look for your assigned table. It is printed on your SeaPass card. If you like the table, enjoy. If not, there will be a Dining Room staff to assist you in trying to make a change. Ask if Adrienne is onboard. She's extremely helpful and a very lovely lady.:D

Also note that many people would love to have an ocean view, sounds romantic. I was one of those people until we got one. Watching the wake go by made me sick, It felt like we were going 100 miles and hour which I know is not possible. I don't normally get sea sick but I could not sit closest to the window the rest of the cruise. Middle of the dining room sounds nice to me now :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

I've noticed in the past few weeks that everyone says to check out your dining room selection when you board to see if you like it. I can't imagine everyone changing their seating arrangement, however, I'm not wild about the idea of sitting next to the kitchen door.

If we are given a choice, what should we look for in a nice 4-6 person table to sit at?

Hi,

On one of our cruises we were seated right next to the kitchen door. Like 5 feet. I thought the same as you, (what a lousy place), but we stayed there. It was the greatest table we have ever had. The waiter was the first in and the first out of the kitchen with the hottest food we ever had on any ship. He also got the best pieces of meats, desserts and whatever else he got to first.

We were told that the best waiters get the closest tables to the kitchen as a reward. It makes sense. We never heard any noise coming from the kitchen either.

We had the table right next to the door to the kitchen. Our staff was great! We even got to know the head waiter something that had never happened before or since. The food also was hot and served promptly. I agree that it was trade off that we couldn't see the "show" as well but since the main reason we were there was for food and service it worked out OK.

Archived