Vista/Horizon/Panorama - Slight Difference-Vast Differences

paulypride

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

Celebrity and Royal has those types of door locks. They have been in use in hotels for at least 10 years or more.

Not all hotels. I think mostly I've stayed in hotels in Galveston and I havent seen these keyless door locks before. Evidently they are not new, I get it. I guess it's been a while since I drove anywhere else but to a cruise in Galveston where I've gotten a hotel room the night before. So not all hotels had changed over before covid. But I think it might have been nov 2018 since my last hotel room in Galveston. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Kroger has a thing to scan for 3X pts over the weekend. I guess I need to search for a scanner app, I dont have anything to scan codes. Hearing dinners onboard  cruise ships you can scan in your order. 

You should be able to use your phone camera to scan QR codes. I don't know if Kroger requires a special app for their 3x points but just QR code scans to bring up restaurant menus you can do with your phone camera.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

You should be able to use your phone camera.

Only problem is I use a pay by the minute tracfone and never use any apps on it. I use my tablet on wifi. It's already a problem to grocery shop. No wifi there of course and you pass by a item at the storeand see its $1 cheaper if you clip the coupon. 

When I say tech passed me by, not exaggerating. I learn what I need to game for instance, but seems travelling and shopping needs me to step it up. My tablet does have a camera ... assuming I have brought it with me.  Not every senior is caught up on tech.

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Only problem is I use a pay by the minute tracfone and never use any apps on it. I use my tablet on wifi. It's already a problem to grocery shop. No wifi there of course and you pass by a item at the storeand see its $1 cheaper if you clip the coupon. 

When I say tech passed me by, not exaggerating. I learn what I need to game for instance, but seems travelling and shopping needs me to step it up. My tablet does have a camera ... assuming I have brought it with me.  Not every senior is caught up on tech.

Yeah my stepfather has a iphone 3GS which is the phone I had probably in 2008. But he just uses it as a regular phone. He might as well just go back to an old flip phone...If they still make them.

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah my stepfather has a iphone 3GS which is the phone I had probably in 2008. But he just uses it as a regular phone. He might as well just go back to an old flip phone...If they still make them.

Lol my bil, sister  and mom all use flip phones. They still make them.

I'm the only one with a smart Samsung phone, because I have the top of the line samsung tablets for war games lol. Well I picked a random scanner app and tried it on the Kroger thing for 3 X pts for practice. Worked. ... 5g will roll out and I'm sure force me to upgrade my phone .. again. I'll stick to samsung since that's what I know.

I can do what I need to do, but I dont try until forced. Might as well practice scanning in case vista has it and sails this sept. I'll be ready ...maybe, if it works offline. Idk. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Lol my bil, sister  and mom all use flip phones. They still make them.

I'm the only one with a smart Samsung phone, because I have the top of the line samsung tablets for war games lol. Well I picked a random scanner app and tried it on the Kroger thing for 3 X pts for practice. Worked. ... 5g will roll out and I'm sure force me to upgrade my phone .. again. I'll stick to samsung since that's what I know.

I can do what I need to do, but I dont try until forced. Might as well practice scanning in case vista has it and sails this sept. I'll be ready ...maybe, if it works offline. Idk. 

I'd just make sure you have the hub app. They have the menus on that. They may still have the QR code for people who didn't download the app. And I'd imagine a limited supply of paper menus for people who don't have phones.

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I'd just make sure you have the hub app. They have the menus on that. They may still have the QR code for people who didn't download the app. And I'd imagine a limited supply of paper menus for people who don't have phones.

I'll redown it to my best in class tablet. Hopefully it works offline. I had the hub app before and either it was so slow or something, I dont remember why I gave up using it. But I'll try my best, as I want to cruise. 

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'll redown it to my best in class tablet. Hopefully it works offline. I had the hub app before and either it was so slow or something, I dont remember why I gave up using it. But I'll try my best, as I want to cruise. 

You may need to connect to the ship wifi to use it. You don't need an internet package or anything. Just connect to their wifi.