Princess top notch COVID safety

Jenal2

4 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

It would be a lot more sensible to select a cruise line based on the effectiveness of their covid changes.

The outcome of which will be influenced by the actual changes the cruiselines make,

as well as the behaviour of their passengers.

You seem to have a vested interest in the original video.

However, none of this really matters.

This is a princess forum.  The people here are generally loyal, and will select princess.

Not at all, and I agree with everything that you said.  I just don’t feel that the video can just be summarily discounted.  I am loyal to all cruise lines and see pros and cons with each of them.  But we tend to cruise Princess on more special occasions and have booked the Caribbean Princess for the end of June for our 20th Anniversary.  Just crossing our fingers that it actually happens.  

1 hour ago, mtnesterz said:

Will mandated regulations affect much? Only when everyone adheres to them and you know the answer to that. Perhaps overly cynical, but remember back when Norovirus was our biggest concern, we saw too many shun hand sanitizing at the Horizon Court buffet.

The hand sanitzing was really a strong suggestion which, as you point out, many ignored.

Covid is different. A cruise with a covid breakout would be a disaster for the cruise line and the cruise industry. The Captain on a ship will have the covid regulations enforced and those who want to ignore them will find themselves confined in their cabins until they can be put ashore at the next port.

1 hour ago, Jenal2 said:

Not at all, and I agree with everything that you said.  I just don’t feel that the video can just be summarily discounted.  I am loyal to all cruise lines and see pros and cons with each of them.  But we tend to cruise Princess on more special occasions and have booked the Caribbean Princess for the end of June for our 20th Anniversary.  Just crossing our fingers that it actually happens.  

I hope you are right and it all works out so you can celebrate your 20th Anniversary on board.  My DW and I were planning a 40th Anniversary at Disney World, but so many in the family live in states that require a 14 day quarantine if you leave and come back that we have cancelled the trip.  That, and no shows or fireworks...so much of the experience.  Keep smiling and being positive.  It makes life much more enjoyable than being negative.  Good Luck!!

• Like 1

@Jenal2, I think you have misunderstood the YouTube video.

With the greatest respect to Emma who created the video, the premise is not which cruise line has the best Sars-Cov-2 protections in place, but instead which are her top five cruise lines that have published Sars-Cov-2 measures.

Emma has considered her preferences and headline price (without a comparison of what is included in the ticket price) in order to reach her personal ranking. 

As has been said on this thread, no one knows what each line will eventually offer in terms of Sars-Cov-2 protection measures, so it is a paper comparison at best.

I am sure if price and preferences are eliminated, the (paper based) ranking would be very different. Viking for example has invested in twice daily testing with labs on board the ships.

Just trying to set the premise straight as far as I see it! 

• Like 1